What's new

Chicago Pen Show - April 30th to May 3rd

Who is going to the Chicago Pen Show? It will be my first pen show and I am looking forward to it. It should be a lot of fun.

If you haven't already read it, please check out Richard Binder's article on Your First Pen Show. Excellent advice. As he points out, be prepared to spend about twice the money that you think you will. Bring cash and be willing to negotiate. Most dealer's prices are flexible.

Have fun!

I did think about going but because of my work schedule I wouldn't be able to get up there until late Saturday Afternoon. Do not know what kind of deals I could get after the show had been running already for two days?

Last edited:
I did think about going but because of my work schedule I wouldn't be able to get up there until late Saturday Afternoon. Do not know what kind of deals I could get after the show had been running already for two days?
If you're an advanced collector looking for that super-rare, once-in-a-lifetime pen to complete your collection of Esterpark Waterperson oversize blow-fillers, then Saturday afternoon is probably too late. If you're a normal human like the rest of us, then there will be more than enough goodies to tempt you and suck the dollars out of your wallet! :laugh:

[QUOTdefinitely the latterle;7306434]If you're an advanced collector looking for that super-rare, once-in-a-lifetime pen to complete your collection of Esterpark Waterperson oversize blow-fillers, then Saturday afternoon is probably too late. If you're a normal human like the rest of us, then there will be more than enough goodies to tempt you and suck the dollars out of your wallet! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I am definitely the latter, a mere Simpleton like most of us... :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, Larry. I'll read through the link. I'm sure it will be helpful.

I'm also more of a normal human with not a lot to spend, so not sure how many pens I will be able to buy. Probably just a couple of lower end ones. It should be fun though.

One more bump for the Chicago show. It kicks off today and goes through Sunday. I'll be there around noon tomorrow and all day on Saturday. It would be nice to get a chance to say "Hi" to any of you that will be there.

Top Bottom