What's new

cfriend's shave den after 80 days...

All appears to be well in the cfriend shave den... except for the foliage mom and swmbo seem so keen on :rolleyes:
proxy.php
Is that a sausage plant? :biggrin:

Nice collection!

You Crazy, cfriend, CRAZY!

At least I know you might have something to trade if that QED group buy Sandalwood is too harsh for my skin.:smile:

Call me crazy but I think that's a little excessive. I understand the whole aqusition disorders but seriously! Do you have an addictive personality? I have been throughly enjoying my new wet shaving toys and new techniques (learned from this site) for a whole 3 weeks so far, and have aquired 2 creams (KMF & Co bigelow), one puck of col. conks soap, 1 merkur 38c, and 1 Rooney brush. Why not just get bokoo samples untill you know what you like. I understand having a nice rotation of different products to suit the mood you're in. Why buy all that stuff when it looks like it would take you 2 lifetimes to go through it all, ESP since it took you less than 3 mos to aquire all that! Sorry I just don't get it. I see that and assume A) You must have wife that is like no other woman I have ever met, and/or B) You have money to burn!

Last edited:
When I see a collection like this I always think, if this person was not allowed to by any more shaving creams or soaps, how long would this supply last?

I think that whenever I want to buy any new creams, I am like why don't I wait till I am done what I have? Then I realize that might be a couple of years!

Call me crazy but I think that's a little excessive. I understand the whole aqusition disorders but seriously! Do you have an addictive personality? I have been throughly enjoying my new wet shaving toys and new techniques (learned from this site) for a whole 3 weeks so far, and have aquired 2 creams (KMF & Co bigelow), one puck of col. conks soap, 1 merkur 38c, and 1 Rooney brush. Why not just get bokoo samples untill you know what you like. I understand having a nice rotation of different products to suit the mood you're in. Why buy all that stuff when it looks like it would take you 2 lifetimes to go through it all, ESP since it took you less than 3 mos to aquire all that! Sorry I just don't get it. I see that and assume A) You must have wife that is like no other woman I have ever met, and/or B) You have money to burn!

I do suppose I have what could be described as an addictive personality. When I get into something, I tend to jump in at the deep and and see if I can swim. Be it fly fishing, music collections, firearms, or wet shaving, a taste is very rarely anywhere near enough.

In answer to your suppositions, A: My girlfriend is indeed an incredible woman, but frankly at this point in my life, what I do with my money is none of her concern. She knew what she was getting into when she signed up... I am no more eccentric or obsessive now than I am when we met ;) B: The "money to burn" initially came from the clear cutting of my DVD collection, specifically box sets and special editions that I hadn't taken out in years. After that, a slow elimination of excess tech and Apple components, and eventually a slight draw on pocket money after those funds ran out.

ADDITIONALLY, I'm okay with (read: attempt to justify) spending money on shave gear, because like Apple hardware wet shaving seems to me to be among those realms of purchases that retain much of their initial value. Should I ever decide I want out, I can probably sell/PIF much of it and leave comfortably. That said, I definitely have too much stuff, and whenever I see something in a drawer and think "hmm, forgot I had this," I put it on notice. :wink:

Top Bottom