What's new

CAR Shavemaster - Initial Impressions *Pics*

rustyblade said:
Gillette might get ahold of that idea and call it an M3TPowerBrush. The vibrating action of the brush actually lifts the hair.

I'm sorry. I first read that as M3TPowerBush!

Randy

R

romicsteve

How does this brush work for the "old" RMWS method? I.e., with traditional English creams and the Cube?

romicsteve said:
How does this brush work for the "old" RMWS method? I.e., with traditional English creams and the Cube?

That is the only way I have used it... I am not such a fan of hydrolast paste, but I have some on the way i'll give a go again. BAsically - works superb.

Gents, I had the opportunity to visit Enchante this morning. I got to inspect the brush. The brush is actually quite impressive. It fits in my hand quite nicely and the hairs are quite soft but resilient. It actually looks alot better in person than in Joel's pictures. Overall a very nice brush.

Austin said:
Gents, I had the opportunity to visit Enchante this morning. I got to inspect the brush. The brush is actually quite impressive. It fits in my hand quite nicely and the hairs are quite soft but resilient. It actually looks alot better in person than in Joel's pictures. Overall a very nice brush.

Andrew,
The one you see pics of - is actually a "prototype" which is not polished. I am so in love with this brush however, I purchased one in White - and it should be here tomorrow, so comparitive pics should be up soon. This is really one hell of a brush... mighty impressive no?

Joel, I saw the white one as well. I actually toyed with the white one before they made me put it up...naw, not really. Mrs. Roberts didn't make me put it up. :biggrin:

Austin said:
Joel, I saw the white one as well. I actually toyed with the white one before they made me put it up...naw, not really. Mrs. Roberts didn't make me put it up. :biggrin:

Uh oh - you getting one? Come on.... everyone is doing it :wink:

Quick update....

I received my Production CAR Shavemaster V200 today with a medium sized, white handle. The brush came with some literature on care and such, and forewarned of quite a bit of hair loss the first 1-2 uses, and recommended a "wet shed" method of "shedding" the brush. Well - I did it as per the instructions, and the SOB lost a shocking amount of hair.... I mean this sucker already has an absird amount of hair in the knot, so eventhough it lost an absurd amount - it really had not impact, however even then, I took pics of the "loss" for the last 1/2 of the "shedding" process, just as it was worrying me a touch. I am going to talk to Charles about this, and another oddity before I post pics or talk about it much, as it may be completly normal. For what it is worth, after the initial loss, it hasn't lost hair - even when intentionally pulled, so I **think** everything is fine and dandy at this point.

The other "oddity" which I don't think can have much of an "excuse" attributed to it - is that unlike the prototype, the dent in the bottom of the brush is off center, so the brush sits slightly to the side. For a $250 brush... it is something that just seems off.

Now the good news.... this production version is MUCH better looking, and even MORE comfortable (and polished) than the prototype, and while it is still a horendously ugly brush - it is not as bad as the proto.

I'll give Chas a call tomorrow and see what the deal is - probably no biggie, but I felt compelled to give you all a heads up :smile:

Buyer Be Warned

I am experiencing some quality control issue/s with my production iteration of the shavemaster, which in my opinion are unnacceptable for a $50 shave brush, let alone a $250 shave brush.

Ya' might want to hold back and wait a year or so and see how these suckers come out/hold up.

Pics/more details to come.

HlSheppard said:
Joel - did you get to speak with Charles about it or no?

I sent him and email - and was not overly-pleased with the response. I would not buy another shavemaster.

Top Bottom