What's new

Canadian: Finally Nearing the End

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
For quite some time I keep saying I'm doing a longevity test on a puck of Canadian SS, and by now you're probably thinking, "Sure you are." But I can finally see the bottom of the tub. There's still plenty of soap left, so it will be a while before the final tally, but I'm over 600 passes so far, which would be well over 6 months of daily 3 pass shaves. Pretty impressive.

More to follow - I promise.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I bought my first tub in April of 2022... I've used it for probably 80% of my shaves... though I only shave a few times a week. I think I have around 1/4 left, though it's hard to measure since they fill them over the top.... very generous with the amount they put in their tubs... They certainly don't skimp.

I have been using Mike's unscented for the past few shaves.. and I have to say... It is giving CSS a run for the money. I'll know more in a few weeks as I'm back to my badgers starting later today. That will be the real test as I use a badger brush rotation all the time except for DecemBOAR. It will be interesting how Mike's feels using one of the brushes with which I'm more familiar.

And I thought I was doing well seeing an 1/8" lip around the edge of the jar after 6-7 months of frequent use.
It's not just a soap, it's a long-term shaving investment.

That's about where mine is after using it for about 40-45 shaves. I use it in a rotation, so it's going to last me a very long time!

I really liked this soap when I first got it but I'm surprised at how much it continues to grow on me. I'm pretty quick to get disenchanted with new soaps. I like them enough, but they fall out of regular rotation. After over a year, CSS is still in my regular rotation (among maybe 3 other soaps).

proxy.php

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
My first CCS finally reached the bottom of the tub... .I have a circle at the bottom around the size of a 50 cent piece.. If you remember those. <eg> It can't be too long before I'll have to crack open my second one.

I love a bunch of unscented soaps I have, but I come back to CCS over and over again.

Top Bottom