What's new

Camera Bags

Legion

Staff member
In an effort to minimalise I have been reducing/selling/giving away all the camera bags that I have been collecting over the years, like some rich lady collecting handbags. Too many.

Since I have pretty much gone 100% mirrorless for my personal cameras, I have gotten rid of my bigger bags (mostly Domke, and a few Lowepro backpacks or rollerbags.)

I am down to two main bags, which are small, small, small.

An Ona Bowery, Which fits a mirrorless body and two lenses...

And a Billingham, made for Leica, which will hold two bodies, and/or a few lenses.

If I need more than that I will give in and cart around hard cases. (I like the Canadian Brand Nanuk, but Pelican, Vanguard, they all do the job.)

How about you. What is your camera "manbag" of choice?
14854-billingham_bag_black.jpg

bowery_ft_front_1024x1024.jpg

I'm retiring soon and my wife has offered me her old 60D. Most of my pictures will be street photography or taken while hiking / mountain biking. For this reason I'm hunting for the "perfect" backpack. Just starting my search, so don't really have a list, let alone a short list.

For years I've used the Lowepro Microtrekker 200. It has enough room to house my 60D body (great acquisition btw @Jaybeez !), the 100mm Macro, 17-40L, 35-350L, 430EX Speedlite, off-camera shoe cord, battery chargers, and small accessories like caps, memory cards, etc.

proxy.php

My goto is a Lowepro Flipside and my airshow/sports bag is a Lowepro AW for 2 bodies, 4 lenses. Weddings I've an aluminium roller.

On the weekends I take my work week large lunch pail and remove the 'work stuff section', and there's enough room for the camera, a couple lenses, blower, brush batteries etc.. Then I have just that one big case to lug around which also holds sections for personal stuff, cigarettes etc. etc. etc.. Can even hang a very large thermos of coffee from the handle! Usually it just sits in the car when I go off with the camera, but if I want to lug it around on a long hike, I just shoulder it with a guitar strap. I really like multi purpose things.

Ape Case back pack. Kind of big, but it holds a lot of stuff. It has a water proof pocket for a full sized laptop also.

Ape Case back pack. Kind of big, but it holds a lot of stuff. It has a water proof pocket for a full sized laptop also.
Photobucket deleted my pics so here they are safe & sound
09070001.JPG
09070003.JPG

Top Bottom