What's new

Calling all networking guru's: My Linksys router doesn't work any longer

The Final Update: :)

It turns out that, the "cable guy" came over to look at my router because it gave out again and after checking a few things, he determined that same thing that that the initial tech thought; that the Linksys died.

So, I bit the bullet, and bought the R7000 AC 1900 from Best Buy for a price of $75.00. That's not a typo. After my store credit was applied, and my $50 dollar gift card were applied, the remaining balance was $75.00. All of which is a serious reduction from the full retail they were selling it at of $208.xx (after state sales taxes.) i.e. "out the door" total.

But the great news in all of this is two fold. a/ I don't have to wait for the internet to load up any longer. and b/ the wifi signal reaches all the way down from my room into the living room just off the strength of the Nighthawk alone. i.e. so there is no longer any need for the use of a wifi extender / repeater to extend the range.

On the downside, I'm still only getting 3.56 on the download. and 1.1x on the upload. Not that I really expected to see anything different, but still, hope reigned supreme...

Thanks guys for all your help, and I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom