What's new

Calling all (Boar?) Brush Fanatics - Pls Recommend me a great face-lathering brush

I have a SOC and its a very nice brush. Though I am tempted to say if I had to do it over, I might get one with a slightly shorter loft as I face lather for the most part. That said, I am no where close to selling off the SOC.

Update

Hi Guys,

One and ALL thank you VERY much. I bought a SOC and 830.

From reading on here for ages, the SOC or LE 2009 looked like top choices.

Thanks again,

RSJ

Last edited:
In that case, you should've just tried to go for the '09 LE.

But no, MWF is not triple milled. It'll last a decent while though, you don't have to worry about that.

Where can you buy the Semogue boar brushes? I'm having trouble finding them on any of the sites I usually look at.

Thanks.

So, the 620 is a fatter, shorter brush? Is that the main difference?

Shorter and fatter than what, the 830? The 620 loft is smaller and the grade of boar hair is different. It will retain more stiffness than the 830 once broken in. The 830 will be softer, both at the tips and in the amount of backbone (spring).

Shorter and fatter than what, the 830? The 620 loft is smaller and the grade of boar hair is different. It will retain more stiffness than the 830 once broken in. The 830 will be softer, both at the tips and in the amount of backbone (spring).

Yes... sorry, those were the two I was looking at. I lather directly on my face, so based on the previous comments in this thread it has raised my interest in these brushes. I'm using a badger brush now, and I find it too "moppy" as someone else put it.

I'm trying to decide which one to go with.

on the vintage scents site the description of the 620 says "Banded imitation badger."

so is this a synthetic brush?

I went with a Semogue 830. I ordered this morning from Shaving.ie and they had my order shipped within a couple hours. Looking forward to this brush. Thanks for all the advice.

Top Bottom