What's new

C.O.Bigelow A/S Balms at Bath and Body works

Yeah I don't think any have menthol. I think I read on the package says

This aromatic, after-shave moisture lotion for just-shaved skin is formulated with healing aloe vera and cooling, calming extracts to ease skin discomforts and promote healing of minor nicks and cuts.

As far as what is exactly cooling I don't know. I used once today and it didn't feel cooling at all.

I like the Blue Elixir very much, and also the black, didn't care much for the red or the green scent wise, bu that is just personal taste. The silver seems stronger, more eucalyptusy, perhaps, but I haven't tired it yet. The blue is in my regular rotation as a nice comfortable, soothing, clean smelling every day type of ASB with a mild smell that does not linger too much. It is great stuff for the price. And it leaves my cute little cheeks soft and smooth to the touch. :cool2:

I like the Blue Elixir very much, and also the black, didn't care much for the red or the green scent wise, bu that is just personal taste. The silver seems stronger, more eucalyptusy, perhaps, but I haven't tired it yet. The blue is in my regular rotation as a nice comfortable, soothing, clean smelling every day type of ASB with a mild smell that does not linger too much. It is great stuff for the price. And it leaves my cute little cheeks soft and smooth to the touch. :cool2:

Green was my least favorite. I like the silver but I don't know if it is worth $5 more. I think the silver has no fragrance but still has a scent. It don't know if it is more effective than the scented balms. The ingredients are different (no witchhazel for example).

I originally purchased the black based on popularity and I thought it smelled good. It was either the black or red. I recently returned the black and ended up with the blue. I thought the black was too evening scent smelling or a bit to heavy smelling. The red smelled good but the store clerks said they liked the blue and it sold more than the red and about the same as the black.

I purchased 3 $10 creams/proraso and 1 blue balm for $20 last week. You can't go wrong with that :biggrin:

I have the Black ASB. I like it. It's on par with AV Ice Balm quality-wise. Obviously the scent is a YMMV thing. I would think that among the 4 they have, guys would be able to find at least one that they liked.

Oh, and I've never seen Bay Rum scent at a Bath & Bodyworks.. probably have to order it online from CO Bigelow.

Oh, and I've never seen Bay Rum scent at a Bath & Bodyworks.. probably have to order it online from CO Bigelow.

I was just in B&BW at Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City, NY, and they have it right out on the shelf. It smelled very nice, but I'm not trading my Dominica for it any time soon.

Enjoy!

I asked about the Bay Rum Cologne and After Shave at a local Bath & Bodyworks and a clerk told me that:

• They had discontinued it, but some stores still had it (I knew that)
  • I could order it on-line (I knew that)
  • They were going to start selling Lucky Tiger Bay Rum on-line, and if it sold well they'd stock it in stores
  • The clearance sale that starts on the first day of June will feature some dead-end items at each store, brought in for the sale...might see the last of the B&B Bigelow Bay Rum then, at cut rates!

It was a funny visit, I was buying gifts for the bride, and the clerk approached me as if I was a lost child of questionable capabilities. When I started displaying the scant knowledge I've gleaned from the immense stores of information here and at Basenotes she looked at me like I was a dog that could juggle. :lol: A lady customer asked me about a gift for her husband, and I told her to get the Bigelow (Proraso) cream, and told her to visit Badger and Blade!

I asked about the Bay Rum Cologne and After Shave at a local Bath & Bodyworks and a clerk told me that:

• They had discontinued it, but some stores still had it (I knew that)
  • I could order it on-line (I knew that)
  • They were going to start selling Lucky Tiger Bay Rum on-line, and if it sold well they'd stock it in stores
  • The clearance sale that starts on the first day of June will feature some dead-end items at each store, brought in for the sale...might see the last of the B&B Bigelow Bay Rum then, at cut rates!

It was a funny visit, I was buying gifts for the bride, and the clerk approached me as if I was a lost child of questionable capabilities. When I started displaying the scant knowledge I've gleaned from the immense stores of information here and at Basenotes she looked at me like I was a dog that could juggle. :lol: A lady customer asked me about a gift for her husband, and I told her to get the Bigelow (Proraso) cream, and told her to visit Badger and Blade!

Was it already discontinued or is it in the process of being discontinued? All the different B&BW stores I've been to have the Bay Rum and it's still on the B&BW and Bigelow sites.

I'll have to ask someone the next time I go to one of their stores.

Bigelow's #1200 ASB has virtually no cooling effect whatsoever ... however, it is very soothing and keeps my skin feeling smooth for the remainder of the day, or until the next time I wash my face, whichever comes first.

Just tried it for the first time. I like it alot. Better than the blue Bigelow. I like this because it is unscented. Also it is thicker in my opinion than the blue but absorbs quicker and doesn't leave a greasy face (blue doesn't either but it is just thinner).

It doesn't have much of a cooling effect but imho it has more cooling than the Black, blue, green, and red. The silver list menthol on the back (lower on the list though) and I think it does have some alcohol which I don't believe the others do.

Are any of the new Bigelow A/S Balms cooling?

If any member can find the Bay Rum cologne at the 75% off sale price, I'd be thankful if they could score it for me...No luck at all here in Washington state.

I just came back from B&BW at the mall, and they didn't have any sales going on for Bigelow.

What they did have on sale were a lot of froo-froo stuff like anti-bac hand soap, aromatherapy body-washes, and other things I wouldn't use if they were free.

I looked for the Bay Rum products while I was there, but they didn't have any at this location, at any price.

The sales may be a regional thing ... going on at different times in different parts of the country.

One store that I called said there will be a BOGO sale next week or the week after. I'm on B&BW's mailing list, so I'll probably get notified when it happens.

I just came back from B&BW at the mall, and they didn't have any sales going on for Bigelow.

What they did have on sale were a lot of froo-froo stuff like anti-bac hand soap, aromatherapy body-washes, and other things I wouldn't use if they were free.

I looked for the Bay Rum products while I was there, but they didn't have any at this location, at any price.

The sales may be a regional thing ... going on at different times in different parts of the country.

One store that I called said there will be a BOGO sale next week or the week after. I'm on B&BW's mailing list, so I'll probably get notified when it happens.

Sorry for the false info. I guess it is regional.

That's what the manager at my local store said, and she also asked for my number so she could call me when it started and when the Bigelow products I was asking about came in.

FWIW, she says that the Red and Green are being discontinued and will be on closeout. Since my son's favorite is the red I guess I'll get another bottle of that, plus the colognes, which I don't have.

Sorry for the false info. I guess it is regional.

here in Ugly Upstate, the local B&BW (the BIG one, not one of the smaller local ones) has a huge 75% / 50% off sale... incl. in the -75% is Bigelow Bay Rum. They had a bunch (I bought some).... (Maybe there will be a couple bottles up on B/S/T in the next day or two....)

Also noteworthy, No. 1200 ASB (very nice).

AND lots of frou-frou stuff.

here in Ugly Upstate, the local B&BW (the BIG one, not one of the smaller local ones) has a huge 75% / 50% off sale... incl. in the -75% is Bigelow Bay Rum. They had a bunch (I bought some).... (Maybe there will be a couple bottles up on B/S/T in the next day or two....)

Also noteworthy, No. 1200 ASB (very nice).

AND lots of frou-frou stuff.

I just went to a small B&BW at a strip mall and they didn't have the 75% the #1200 rang up full price.

I think that since New York, Georgia, and Pennsylvania I know for a fact has stores with 75% off certain Bigelow products I believe now that it is probably only the big/flagship stores usually inside malls.

I just checked out my local B&BW and asked a worker if they had any Bay Rum left. She said they sold the last of it today and that they it is being repackaged, not discontinued. Who knows though...

Top Bottom