What's new

Brut vs. Brut vs. BRUT

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Okay, it took me a while but I got to it. I got a bottle of Brut Original Aftershave Lotion today. Made in Australia. Glass bottle, 100ml instead of the splash on 200ml (also made in Australia).

Ingredients: Alcohol and t-Butyl Alcohol, Water, Glycerin, PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Fragrance.

Made by
Pharm-a-care Laboratories Pty Ltd
16 Jubilee Avenue
Warriewood NSW, 2102
Australia.

I didn't try it yet, the scent is not as soapy as the Splash on. The sticker is a bit disappointing on the bottle as I was expecting a Brut engraved in the glass... Once I peel the sticker, that's it, no more identifications on what's in.

I will test it on Monday morning, stay tuned!

Attachments

• $Brut AS Lotion.JPG
    $Brut AS Lotion.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 310
I've been enjoying my Ivy Club version WAAAAYY more than I thought I would. I bought it thinking I probably wouldn't like it, since I don't have particularly warm memories of Brut from my younger years...

Same here. Applied with a light hand, it's actually quite nice as a day-to-day aftershave.

I so want to try some Brut again as it was the AS I used in high school(to excess I might add). Unfortunately the SWMBO keeps vetoing it, even the blue bottle version. I don't want to defy her but...

Jay

Edit-I just asked the Brut Facebook guys for some samples as I don't want to end up with my 6 in a sling. Fingers crossed...

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
Tried the brut this morning. I lost a bit of AS as the stopper when pouring didn't stop much. I was a bit disappointed by that, I will pay more attention. The AS was very good. I'm unsure if the glycerin is responsible for this but my skin was very shiny after and a bit sticky... Overall, nice AS but I think I prefer the Splash on (200ml) made in Oz...

this thread made me get out my bottle. i love brut. but it's not looked upon very well by my peers in highschool (don't care) OR my girlfriend. the latter is very important. so i can only wear it on days that i don't see her... wonderful stuff. would love to getmy hands on a bottle of the euro and or Australian stuff

I gave Brut a go today (the euro glass bottle one), bit annoying, I must have tightened the lid down too far and the outer part broke off, this happen to anyone else? That aside I like it, it's a clean and fresh fragrance not overpowering like I was expecting. I think it's cheap and nasty reputation here in the UK is undeserved, at £2.99 a bottle I'll make it a regular for awhile and save the more pricey stuff for special occasions.

Luc

Staff member
this thread made me get out my bottle. i love brut. but it's not looked upon very well by my peers in highschool (don't care) OR my girlfriend. the latter is very important. so i can only wear it on days that i don't see her... wonderful stuff. would love to getmy hands on a bottle of the euro and or Australian stuff

The Euro stuff is really worth it, great bottle too. Bummer they don't have a stopper when you pour the bottle.

I gave Brut a go today (the euro glass bottle one), bit annoying, I must have tightened the lid down too far and the outer part broke off, this happen to anyone else? That aside I like it, it's a clean and fresh fragrance not overpowering like I was expecting. I think it's cheap and nasty reputation here in the UK is undeserved, at £2.99 a bottle I'll make it a regular for awhile and save the more pricey stuff for special occasions.

Yes, I wouldn't say it's the best thing but, for the price, hard to beat!

Any of you guys listen to the jim rome show? well, anyway, i tuned in a few days ago, i use to listen daily a few years ago, not so much anymore, well, i tuned in just in time to hear jim read an ad promoting Brut! i wonder if Brut AS is making a comeback! maybe sales are up? who knows? anyway, just thought i'd share.

I've been enjoying my Ivy Club version WAAAAYY more than I thought I would. I bought it thinking I probably wouldn't like it, since I don't have particularly warm memories of Brut from my younger years...

I use the Dollar General branded, which is the same stuff I guess as it is also made by ViJon, I don't believe I will buy Brut again since the ViJon is only $1.50 and smells identical. Unless I come across a bottle with the metal plate on the front.

You guys got me thinking! Back in the day (long time ago ) I remember it being all the Rave, I tried it gave the rest away,just about a full bottle to a friend,he gave it away !!!! Have they improved it or is a generation thing ???

Luc

Staff member
You guys got me thinking! Back in the day (long time ago ) I remember it being all the Rave, I tried it gave the rest away,just about a full bottle to a friend,he gave it away !!!! Have they improved it or is a generation thing ???

I wouldn't know if it's improved or not as I did not try any Vintage Brut. However, the current product ain't too bad. Specially the Euro (French) version made by Parfum Prestige.

A dutch website sells these 3:
$Brut.jpg
Sorry for the unspecific post, but seeing them all lined up might inspire some to try the edt or the musk version.

Top Bottom