What's new

Brush Suggestions Under $25

KIKC synthetic hair black handle - Amazon $7.29

Viking Revolution barber hair - Amazon $9.88

Bought these brushes last September 2022. I shave daily and use the KIKC more but both are good brushes and so far have held up well in fact they still look and work as new.
Badger hair on Viking

+1 on the $9.88 Viking Revolution badger brush. It was my first brush (approx Feb '23), and I appreciate the backbone when lathering.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Considering low budget, I would also recommend Yaqi first.

But if you increase your budget to about $30, you can buy Simpsons T1; you can also choose Muhle STF 21 synthetic knot to configure the handle yourself.

Considering low budget, I would also recommend Yaqi first.

But if you increase your budget to about $30, you can buy Simpsons T1; you can also choose Muhle STF 21 synthetic knot to configure the handle yourself.
If you’re willing to shop around both the Trafalgar T1 and T2 can be found for $25 or less

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
If you’re willing to shop around both the Trafalgar T1 and T2 can be found for $25 or less
I'm located far away in Asia, so it's not easy to get close to 25 or less considering shipping costs or agents. :c7:
I envy you for getting quality shaving products at such beautiful prices.

I'm located far away in Asia, so it's not easy to get close to 25 or less considering shipping costs or agents. :c7:
I envy you for getting quality shaving products at such beautiful prices.
Plus having to take exchange rates and possibly currency conversion fees into account. I know I’ve seen several discussions about prices being higher in certain countries compared to where they’re normally sold. Take Williams before it was discontinued for example. It usually sold for $1-$1.50 in the USA probably sold at a higher price in Europe

Hi there,

I'm seeking some shaving brush suggestions under $25. I am currently using an Omega Pro 48. Which I like how it lathers and feels on the skin. However, the larger brush can make it difficult to lather the face at time, especially below the nose. Secondly, I feel like because the brush is so large that I am wasting a lot of lather. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
If you want an efficient brush that will not waste soap of lather, I would go with a synthetic. Yaqi has several that are well below $25. You can also get the Razorock Plissoft for less than $20.

If you want to stick with a boar, you can go with an Omega Jade or one of the Semogues like the 1250 or 1800. The 1305 is great, but it does bloom to a large size.

If you want to try a 2-band badger, Yaqi makes 22 and 24 mm ones that would be smaller than the 49 (bulb, not fan shape). When they go on sale at West Coast Shaving or AliExpress, they are less than $25.

Hi there,

I'm seeking some shaving brush suggestions under $25. I am currently using an Omega Pro 48. Which I like how it lathers and feels on the skin. However, the larger brush can make it difficult to lather the face at time, especially below the nose. Secondly, I feel like because the brush is so large that I am wasting a lot of lather. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Just posted on this. Razorock Monster and Big Bruce 26mm plissoft synthetics or their 26mm Blondie boar. Priced at around $15 and below. Link to detailed post below:

I’ve been using a VDH boar brush for 15 years. Available at any US drug store. I paid $4 but it costs $6 or $7 now.
Good basic serviceable brush. Sounds like the quality on these was excellent years ago.

Unfortunately there have been major quality issues with the more recently manufactured VDH boar brushes. I went through two of these within a few months each (came with my shaving mugs) shortly after my return to DE four years ago. They kept shedding lots of hairs and eventually the knots disintegrated and fell out of the brush. Have had no issues with my three current Razorock brushes that are not treated any differently than those first VDH brushes.

Edit, P.S. See @ChriWilson 's post #51 above regarding the same quality concerns.

Semogue 610 beats out some of the more expensive options ive tried. Cant go wrong with the Omega 40033 either. Handle is a little small though.

Top Bottom