What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

You're a good man! Welcome to B&B.

Thanks. So many good threads here to read, so little time.

The B&B Boar is a great brush, your gonna love it.. welcome to the forums.. in fact ill use it after my shower tonight..

Thanks. I'm sure I will. I was hoping to get the 10066 as well but it was out of stock, in a few places actually including ebay and amazon. It's funny that just last month I couldn't picture what most of these brushes look like. Now I'm finally starting to develop a frame of reference, so I don't have this reaction :huh: as often whenever the model numbers are mentioned. Oh and I just figured out how to multi-quote as well lol.

Last edited:
I was just wondering about something. They make around 150 of these brushes for each version and we have over 56k members. I'm not good at math but what percentage of members can actually get one whenever a new version comes out? Is it less than one percent? What if they made some adjustments to these offerings. For example, after the first batch sells out, you can still order another batch but it would cost a little more like $5-$10 more. So that way, the vendor makes money and it would be a regular part of their inventory. I think they would still be affordable and more current members, not to mention new members can also join in. You can also have it so that 10, 20, or etc orders have to be submitted first, like a group purchase before the vendor puts the order in, if that makes it easier for them. I see the 10066 is selling for around $9. That's pretty low and yet they sell it. So I think they can make money from these brushes which seem to always sell out. Maybe you can even open it up to other vendors in case they're interested. I don't know I'm just throwing this out there because there seems to be more demand than supply and maybe there's a way to fill that demand in a way that's good for everyone. Also, to keep that "exclusiveness" if people want to keep that feature, maybe the first batch can be numbered and the following ones won't have it.

I was just wondering about something. They make around 150 of these brushes for each version and we have over 56k members. I'm not good at math but what percentage of members can actually get one whenever a new version comes out? Is it less than one percent? What if they made some adjustments to these offerings. For example, after the first batch sells out, you can still order another batch but it would cost a little more like $5-$10 more. So that way, the vendor makes money and it would be a regular part of their inventory. I think they would still be affordable and more current members, not to mention new members can also join in. You can also have it so that 10, 20, or etc orders have to be submitted first, like a group purchase before the vendor puts the order in, if that makes it easier for them. I see the 10066 is selling for around $9. That's pretty low and yet they sell it. So I think they can make money from these brushes which seem to always sell out. Maybe you can even open it up to other vendors in case they're interested. I don't know I'm just throwing this out there because there seems to be more demand than supply and maybe there's a way to fill that demand in a way that's good for everyone. Also, to keep that "exclusiveness" if people want to keep that feature, maybe the first batch can be numbered and the following ones won't have it.

Not going to happen, it's not why the B&B Essential was created.

Right off the bat, yes there are 56K members, but not even close to that are active or participate. Less then 10% of that number, maybe even 5% or 3% who post regularly.

Last edited:
Finally got one this month. It's a real nice brush. Handle is exceptionally good quality compared to other Omega's I've handled, and quite well designed (not my top five handle shapes, but maybe my top ten). Knot at the get go reminds me of a slightly smaller and less dense SOC. Pretty nice little boar brush, my favorite of the Omega boar's I've had.

Finally got one this month. It's a real nice brush. Handle is exceptionally good quality compared to other Omega's I've handled, and quite well designed (not my top five handle shapes, but maybe my top ten). Knot at the get go reminds me of a slightly smaller and less dense SOC. Pretty nice little boar brush, my favorite of the Omega boar's I've had.

Totally agree with you. the bristles on this brush do feel more of quality than other omegas. Probably there most premium hairs they carry. It was a smaller knot than expected to be honest. I only have 24mm and believe this is a 22mm. I nvr wanted to go smaller but in all I actually like the size of it. It's perfectly balanced out.

I agree. To me the knot size and boar quality is perfect for a boar brush. Its a nice balance between good backbone and soft bristles for face and bowl lathering. Omega and Semogue make excellent boars, and a few are very close in size and quality to the B&B, but to me this is THE boar brush to own. Of course, ymmv. :001_smile

How does the B&B Essential compare to the Semogue 1305 ?
Are the bristles any softer, floppier, etc ?
How does the handle comfort compare ?
I face lather with hard soaps, if they differ in that respect ;)

How does the B&B Essential compare to the Semogue 1305 ?
Are the bristles any softer, floppier, etc ?
How does the handle comfort compare ?
I face lather with hard soaps, if they differ in that respect ;)

I've got the B&B from earlier this year (the blue one) and can give my take on how it compares to my Semogue 1305.

The bristle tips for both are about equal softness, maybe the 1305 just slightly softer - maybe; call it a virtual tie. But the 1305 splays considerably more than the B&B, and has a better face feel for me. And even though both brushes are the same knot diameter (22mm), due to the B&B's lack of splay (compared to the 1305) it feels like a much smaller brush.

Handle comfort comparison is like night and day. The 1305 has a perfect handle (for me), maybe the most comfortable handle of any brush (rivaled only by a PJ/Harvard, IMHO - YMMV, of course). The B&B is awkward for me.

In terms of face lathering with hard soaps, I'd say they both are equal in terms of generating a shave worthy lather.

Both are nice brushes for your rotation. It really boils down to personal preference on brush splay. If you like ample splay, then Semogue is the brush to use for those days. If you want less splay, then go with the B&B on that day.

As always, YMMV.

Top Bottom