What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

The handle is the best part. The knot is nice, but it's just regular Omega boar hair which is good quality but nothing "special". The B&B is special because this is one of the better/nicer handles you can find on a boar knot. To me, it doesn't make sense to buy this brush if you don't like the handle -- go buy a run of the mill Omega with a cheap plastic hollow handle or inexpensive wood handle. Omega and Semogue offer brushes with acrylic handles, but I think all those options are hideous (sorry just my opinion).

Thanks to Doc4 for unearthing that B&B Essential post, but it's also worth noting that this handle is basically a clone of Kent's standard handle (virtually all their brushes use this design or a slight variation of it).

Yea now that I have the brush I wouldhave to disagree with the ppl saying its a uncomfortable handle. For me it had great weight and excellent maneuverability. The smaller knot it nice to. I wish it was bigger but oh well. I believe this is a 22 right. My smallest ones till date have been 24. So that's my size I'm use to the most. Not like the smaller knot but oh man what a nice brush still. One of my favorites

The handle is the best part. The knot is nice, but it's just regular Omega boar hair which is good quality but nothing "special". The B&B is special because this is one of the better/nicer handles you can find on a boar knot. To me, it doesn't make sense to buy this brush if you don't like the handle -- go buy a run of the mill Omega with a cheap plastic hollow handle or inexpensive wood handle. Omega and Semogue offer brushes with acrylic handles, but I think all those options are hideous (sorry just my opinion).

For me, even though I haven't particularly cottoned to the handle, I've bought 3 of them mainly to support B&B, plus I like how they look.

For me, even though I haven't particularly cottoned to the handle, I've bought 3 of them mainly to support B&B, plus I like how they look.

It is admirable that you want to help B&B, but if that is your main motivation, your continued/increased contributions directly to B&B are put to better use. It is my understanding that B&B gets no kick-back on these brushes. The goal was to create a serviceable brush with a very high quality:price ratio. With the exception of the "Remembering Sue" brush, these brushes are sold at cost. Even WCS makes nothing on them, which is why your order must be over $80 not counting the B&B brush to qualify for free shipping, and discounts/coupons do not apply to the B&B brush. B&B put this together to help us, not to help "them".

I like the brush. I like the handle. I like the knot. I like the price. I use a B&B boar 3 or 4 times a week. If you dont like the color, or the shape, or the knot, or want synthetic, then by all means go buy a different brush. I would again like to thank the members that put the effort into what is suppose ot be a fun thing. Many of us appreciate it.

It is admirable that you want to help B&B, but if that is your main motivation, your continued/increased contributions directly to B&B are put to better use. It is my understanding that B&B gets no kick-back on these brushes. The goal was to create a serviceable brush with a very high quality:price ratio. With the exception of the "Remembering Sue" brush, these brushes are sold at cost. Even WCS makes nothing on them, which is why your order must be over $80 not counting the B&B brush to qualify for free shipping, and discounts/coupons do not apply to the B&B brush. B&B put this together to help us, not to help "them".

Huh, I was under the impression that WCS donated their profit from the brush to B&B, that's why they don't make anything on it. Thanks for setting me straight.

The regular brushes are sold at cost. The Sue Moore pink brush costs a bit extra and that extra is all donated to charity.

Really? An Omega brush is usually around $10 unless you get the Pro48 or a wood handle. The B&B brush is around $20.

Really? I was able to find three other Omega brushes that are neither of the ones you mentioned that are $22.00.

Only 15 left!

Really? An Omega brush is usually around $10 unless you get the Pro48 or a wood handle. The B&B brush is around $20.
This is a custom knot for B&B. Not the same as any other knot in any omega brush. Definitely better quality than the knots in those $10 Omegas.

Last edited:
Bought the Sue Moore pink brush yesterday. My first boar brush, second brush overall. Too bad the other ones are no longer available. I just arrived on the scene but I'll definitely keep an eye out for future ones and looking forward to helping you bring the stock pile down to zero so we can see the next one lol.

Bought the Sue Moore pink brush yesterday. My first boar brush, second brush overall. Too bad the other ones are no longer available. I just arrived on the scene but I'll definitely keep an eye out for future ones and looking forward to helping you bring the stock pile down to zero so we can see the next one lol.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You're a good man! Welcome to B&B.

The B&B Boar is a great brush, your gonna love it.. welcome to the forums.. in fact ill use it after my shower tonight..

Top Bottom