What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

I got mine today!! Love the seafoam.

$brushes.jpg

Slick move ... does she realize that you're making her do the break-in work for you?

No she doesn't. She even complained about having to defunk! I think the silver one only went 3 shaves before losing it's scent. I know quite a few members had several weeks of defunk, guess my wife lucked out!

Got mine 5 minutes ago, already shaved today but I will use it tomorrow. This is my first boar brush, what is the best way to break in?

I was able to shave with my B&B brush today. What a great brush. The loft is just was looking for and I love the handle. When I first got it out of the box I admit it the first thing I did, other than look at it, was to smell the brush. I had heard about the smell and have not had that problem with all of my other boar brushes. My first impression was I smelled a "funk" but it was very mild. My second thought was "Wow, there are some whinny people on that thread". So I bowl lathered with some Arko and started applying the soap when the smell hit me. And there was that funk I kept hearing about. So my apologies to everyone I called whinny. I take it back. The smell becomes much stronger after becoming wet. Don't let this discourage anyone from the brush. It is not overpowering and I have no doubt it will disappear after a few days of Arko. Beyond that, the performance of the brush was great. Super easy to lather and I know it is going to become my favorite brush. At least until the next one comes out. I will post some pictures soon. Thanks everyone for posting.

I was able to shave with my B&B brush today. What a great brush. The loft is just was looking for and I love the handle. When I first got it out of the box I admit it the first thing I did, other than look at it, was to smell the brush. I had heard about the smell and have not had that problem with all of my other boar brushes. My first impression was I smelled a "funk" but it was very mild. My second thought was "Wow, there are some whinny people on that thread". So I bowl lathered with some Arko and started applying the soap when the smell hit me. And there was that funk I kept hearing about. So my apologies to everyone I called whinny. I take it back. The smell becomes much stronger after becoming wet. Don't let this discourage anyone from the brush. It is not overpowering and I have no doubt it will disappear after a few days of Arko. Beyond that, the performance of the brush was great. Super easy to lather and I know it is going to become my favorite brush. At least until the next one comes out. I will post some pictures soon. Thanks everyone for posting.

Yes, the smell will go away, but then you'll be stuck with the smell of Arko!!!

(Just kidding of course....I actually like Arko, it just doesn't like me).

Top Bottom