What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

I know that....SBMBO seems to disagree, and relented on her "please don't buy anymore soap" request when I told her Mike's Orange was in stock for the first time in months. I owe her a little restraint. :p

But, you're still going to ask, right? Then when she refutes and you agree to restrain this time, you have ammo for next time!

Has anyone gotten one of these yet? Does it look better in person than the photo? Can you post a photo? I am on the fence on this one. I like the color but since we don't know whats next I haven't pulled the trigger. This will be my last brush for awhile so I have to like it alot.

Honest a jasus I would sincerely love a red & black twisty looking handle.

Pure solid black with a dark a very dark red barber style twist. I'd have to buy maybe 10 and keep 9 in the boxes until i feel the need to break in more of them.

brucered

System Generated
Has anyone gotten one of these yet? Does it look better in person than the photo? Can you post a photo? I am on the fence on this one. I like the color but since we don't know whats next I haven't pulled the trigger. This will be my last brush for awhile so I have to like it alot.
You won't know what's next until this one is sold out....that's how these brushes roll.

As for pics, I'm sure they will start appearing shortly.

Pure solid black with a dark a very dark red barber style twist. I'd have to buy maybe 10 and keep 9 in the boxes until i feel the need to break in more of them.

Why? One brush should last years and there is no way you'll ever need to have that many back ups.

Your better off buying one of each of the next ten colors.

Last edited:
Your probably right brucie, I'd still love to get my hands on that black/red brush though. Talking about seafoam in this thread seems to have worked lol

How large is each production run? You'd think they'd know to double or triple the output by now, considering how fast they sell out.

How large is each production run? You'd think they'd know to double or triple the output by now, considering how fast they sell out.

200. I don't think they sell out quick enough to warrant that. Plus it would be longer before we got to see the next color!

200. I don't think they sell out quick enough to warrant that. Plus it would be longer before we got to see the next color!
I don't know why it wouldn't work to offer two or three colors at one time. This would benefit the manufacturer, the vendor, and the consumer. Win-Win-Win all the way around.

With more quantity in each production, the manufacturer saves costs on the economies of scale. The vendor gets to sell more brushes. And all of us customers with SBAD don't have to wait with baited breath for each new model to be announced.

One of the first lessons I learned about sales and marketing taught me the "Either/Or closing technique." No matter what product you're selling, you offer the customer a choice to make, a choice that makes you money. "You want this car, right? Great decision, let me see what we have in stock ... You want automatic or manual? Regular AM/FM or quadrophonic stereo? Cloth seats or leather?" Each of these choices leads to a sale being made. What you don't want to tell a customer is "You want to buy this car? Too bad, we're sold out. Check back next week, next month. Best I can do for you now is put your name on a waiting list, but that still doesn't guarantee you'll get the car of your dreams."

Let's say that we had a choice of Red, White, and Blue handles at any given time. A customer might have their heart set on one color, but if its sold out, they can choose another. But when there are NO brushes to choose from, everybody loses.

I don't know why it wouldn't work to offer two or three colors at one time. This would benefit the manufacturer, the vendor, and the consumer. Win-Win-Win all the way around.

With more quantity in each production, the manufacturer saves costs on the economies of scale. The vendor gets to sell more brushes. And all of us customers with SBAD don't have to wait with baited breath for each new model to be announced.

One of the first lessons I learned about sales and marketing taught me the "Either/Or closing technique." No matter what product you're selling, you offer the customer a choice to make, a choice that makes you money. "You want this car, right? Great decision, let me see what we have in stock ... You want automatic or manual? Regular AM/FM or quadrophonic stereo? Cloth seats or leather?" Each of these choices leads to a sale being made. What you don't want to tell a customer is "You want to buy this car? Too bad, we're sold out. Check back next week, next month. Best I can do for you now is put your name on a waiting list, but that still doesn't guarantee you'll get the car of your dreams."

Let's say that we had a choice of Red, White, and Blue handles at any given time. A customer might have their heart set on one color, but if its sold out, they can choose another. But when there are NO brushes to choose from, everybody loses.

Limited edition buy now snooze you loose.:w00t:
Whos to say they havnt already made 2-3-10 color choices to save on production cost but releasing on a limited basis?

I agree with you, however, these are B&B limited edition brushes for a reason. I assume one of the reasons is that its a fun thing to do that creates interest and generates traffic in this forum. A limited edition brush also serves the purpose of increasing traffic to WCS website. When you go to the site to buy the B&B brush you also pick up some soap, blades, etc. Another benefit of offering limited edition brushes is the "collector interest" it generates. I will use myself as an example. I now own 3 B&B boars. 1 I use evey other day. The other 2 haven't come out of the package. I didn't buy them because I need them, I bought them because...well....they are a limited production run and if I don't get one I will miss out. :)

If you make thousands of these so they are always available, and in multiple colors, then you have costs tied up in excess inventory, etc. Interest drops off, and you are just another inexpensive boar on the market.

I like the way they are doing it now, hope they continue, and appreciate the work some of the members put into keeping this going. Thanks Gents. Cheers!

Makes me wonder how quickly a Butterscotch would sell out.

I suspect a Butterscotch would sell as quickly as the frosted blue. Gone within a couple days. Now that I think about it, a butterscotch will last as long as it takes for Bigfoot to get his hands (or does BF have paws?) on them. I suspect Bigfoot eats Butterscotch brushes for breakfast. :001_smile

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Some great points made about marketing here, and while I agree wholeheartedly with the philosophy stated, we aren't in this to make money.
WCS carries and distributes these at no cost, as a favor to B&B. We don't make any money off of the sales.
The whole reason behind them is to offer a branded swag item to the B&B public, and in this case - we'd rather have them sell out than sit on someone's shelf taking up stock space.

Some great points made about marketing here, and while I agree wholeheartedly with the philosophy stated, we aren't in this to make money.
WCS carries and distributes these at no cost, as a favor to B&B. We don't make any money off of the sales.
The whole reason behind them is to offer a branded swag item to the B&B public, and in this case - we'd rather have them sell out than sit on someone's shelf taking up stock space.

Have you ever thought of offering a synthetic version for those members that are vegan? I'm not vegan personally, but I've noticed other members that are.

By the way, these brushes are amazing :thumbup1:

Have you ever thought of offering a synthetic version for those members that are vegan? I'm not vegan personally, but I've noticed other members that are.

Very interesting turn, and certainly solid logical reasoning. I like the way you think! Personally, I dig the vegan philosophy, although I hate vegetables, so if I tried to go vegan, I'd probably starve. I would still pick up a B&B Hi-Brush if it were offered. :)

+1 ... a synthetic B&B-E would be a good idea, and I'd get one, regardless of handle color.

I'd also like to see a return of the B&B Badger Essential. I have one from the second batch, and its a terrific brush. I realize there were some problems with the second run, and this batch wasn't as dense as the first, but I don't know why the whole badger brush project was scrapped instead of trying to fix whatever went wrong.

+1 ... a synthetic B&B-E would be a good idea, and I'd get one, regardless of handle color.

I'd also like to see a return of the B&B Badger Essential. I have one from the second batch, and its a terrific brush. I realize there were some problems with the second run, and this batch wasn't as dense as the first, but I don't know why the whole badger brush project was scrapped instead of trying to fix whatever went wrong.

Was the original B&B essential a badger?

Top Bottom