What's new

Brush I haven't used in a long time

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I have a Liojuny brush( I think that's the spelling) and it gives good face covering and it's soft. It's a badger blade, but here's the think. I load mine up directly from the soap puck. The brush is a lather bank. While you making a lather on you face, you're building a lather on the brush. I used mine today and I think I had enough lather to do six passes. No need to go back to the soap to build more lather. I was surprised that when I was building the lather on my face how much was being built on the brush. All I can say is WOW!

I think I had enough lather to do six passes. No need to go back to the soap to build more lather. I was surprised that when I was building the lather on my face how much was being built on the brush. All I can say is WOW!
I have brushes that perform similarly. I find most of my natural bristle brushes are more than loaded by the time I count to 15 and some after 10 seconds of loading. Synthetics seem to take longer to load

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I have brushes that perform similarly. I find most of my natural bristle brushes are more than loaded by the time I count to 15 and some after 10 seconds of loading. Synthetics seem to take longer to load
What about a boar brush? I was just wondering. I don't have any boar brushes.

What about a boar brush? I was just wondering. I don't have any boar brushes.
I find my boars are great at loading and are actually some of my favorite brushes. They have a break in period that varies by brush but once broken in they are amazing. I have not had to reload a boar after the initial loading. Some say they are lather hogs, but none of mine have left me disappointed.

Reactions: nav
I find my boars are great at loading and are actually some of my favorite brushes. They have a break in period that varies by brush but once broken in they are amazing. I have not had to reload a boar after the initial loading. Some say they are lather hogs, but none of mine have left me disappointed.

Agreed!
My boars never eat my lather. After my 4th pass, the brush is still packed full of creamy lather.

My experience is that a boar will only ever eat lather if too much water is removed from the brush prior to loading soap.

Once I figured this out many years ago, I've not even had a brand new boar eat my lather!

Top Bottom