What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

IMG_3371.jpg
IMG_3376.jpg

shavemac Silvertip 2band 26mm/54mm was listed as "Red rusted" but i'm pretty sure it should be "Red russet"

Semogue Pegasus-C7 Finest Badger (2band)

Hello! How does this brush compare to the previous Omega Evo 2 model?
I think it is an excellent brush, for those who may like a little more backbone and scrub than the EVO 2, while still having very soft tips. As of now, after three shaves, I prefer the EVO 2, but I know that with time these new fibers give in a little bit. I want to see if there is any difference after 30-40 shaves. Also, since the bigger knot and the higher loft, I was expecting to feel more "surface" and "volume" on the face than the EVO 2, but they seem to be very comparable.
The handle is simply beautiful.

I think it is an excellent brush, for those who may like a little more backbone and scrub than the EVO 2, while still having very soft tips. As of now, after three shaves, I prefer the EVO 2, but I know that with time these new fibers give in a little bit. I want to see if there is any difference after 30-40 shaves. Also, since the bigger knot and the higher loft, I was expecting to feel more "surface" and "volume" on the face than the EVO 2, but they seem to be very comparable.
The handle is simply beautiful.
Thanks for the reply. About an hour ago, an acquaintance of mine tried to explain to me in detail what the qualities of this brush are. They generally overlap with what you say.
According to him, it is rough and not as delicate as Evo2, something like knot G5C, which I could not like.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I ordered it on the SV EU site
Unfortunately they abruptly Changed the Carrier that i picked and payed a little extra for from UPS to Fedex (Fedex has Worse service in my country)
ah well.... First world problems
I'm with you there.... My latest SV brush was sent FedEx from Italy.... They didn't manage the paperwork well and it was stuck in the US Department of Fish and Wildlife for quite a few days. I had to fill out an import form and make a couple calls to FedEx before the delivery was bumped up to the next level. After the escalation, the order moved very quickly and was delivered in just a couple more days. UPS seems to be better equipped to get packages through US Customs without a hitch. I don't know about other countries, but both DHL and UPS have provided excellent service delivering packages shipped from outside the States.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I'm with you there.... My latest SV brush was sent FedEx from Italy.... They didn't manage the paperwork well and it was stuck in the US Department of Fish and Wildlife for quite a few days. I had to fill out an import form and make a couple calls to FedEx before the delivery was bumped up to the next level. After the escalation, the order moved very quickly and was delivered in just a couple more days. UPS seems to be better equipped to get packages through US Customs without a hitch. I don't know about other countries, but both DHL and UPS have provided excellent service delivering packages shipped from outside the States.
I kinda know this from FEDEX!!! UPS is much better. so is DHL or postal service from Germany....

Been on a butterscotch kick lately. I had a fantastic conversation with Anna who had this hand tied for me. Really great process. Not surprisingly, Simpson Manchurian has the backbone I’ve been looking for to supplement the rest of my brush rotation. Not my first one, so as expected. Hoping it breaks in nicely.

IMG_0727.jpeg

Semogue SOC Mistura arrived today. This is my first dip into anything with real Badger hair. The knot is insanely stiff to start and a bit scritchy as far as I understand the term. More scritchy than the brand new boar brush I picked up last week. Really looking forward to seeing how this breaks in.

Also, this may be the most comortable handle of all time. Will likely end up with the matching SOC boar at some point.

Attachments

• B64A8E6A-5633-446C-857E-F5F2E0DC4525.jpeg
    B64A8E6A-5633-446C-857E-F5F2E0DC4525.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
My father has had two skids of olive oil shipped from Italy via FedEx lost in transit once in the US. With tracking no less.

Top Bottom