What's new

Brotherhood of Razorock Gamechanger (BORG)

Day off today, so took my time, with excellent result. Everything worked well together. The weekend is off to a good start!

Razorock - Game Changer 0.84-P
Treet - Platinum Super Stainless (1)
Mühle - STF M
Proraso - Eucalyptus & menthol
Williams - Aqua Velva AS
Balea - Men Sensitive ASB

20240517.jpg

Date18.05.2024
366 daily shaves
139/366

RazorBladeBrush
Razorock Game Changer .84P SBGillette Minora (5)Abe’s Brush Works Smokey Bandit
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Hampshire Wool Fat (5)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
7/10 (Nicked myself)4/10 (Sharp Edge)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8/10
(DFS+)
8/10 (Smooth)

For extended notes click here

Enjoy your shave everyone!

The jury is still out for me at this point.

My first RazoRock was the Game Changer .84SB, loved it and then went a little crazy trying the rest of the RR line up. So far I've also tried the GC .76SB and .68OC. Really liked the .76SB for the days I want a slightly less aggressive shave than I get from the .84SB. I likely won't use the .68OC much going forward as it gave me about the same shave closeness as the .76SB but with more biting blade feel.

From the Lupo line I've now tried the .95SB, .72OC, .58SB, and Aluminum (just received the .72SB yesterday but have not tried it yet). The Lupo .58SB is a mild and comfortable option, I need to play around with it more but I'm envisioning it being a decent pick for my quick autopilot shave days, but it's not really comparable to the GC .84.

I need to do a few more side by side shaves with the Lupo .95SB and .72OC but so far they feel very similar to me, both just a tad smoother and more efficient than the GC .84SB. My end results are about the same between the GC .84SB and Lupo .95SB and .72OC, but the shave with the GC .84SB feels just a bit more comfortable for me and I have a little less irritation. It's super close but I think the GC .84SB is still my favorite of the three.

The Lupo Aluminum is one of my favorite razors now, but it's light weight makes it a completely different shaving experience, so I won't compare it to the GC .84. Overall I get closer shaves from the GG .84SB and the Lupo .72OC and .95SB, but the Lupo Aluminum is just fun for some reason, plus it leaves me with zero irritation each time.

Top Bottom