What's new

Brotherhood of Razorock Gamechanger (BORG)

20240409_182331.jpg

Pic from Monday nights shave:

Razor: Gamechanger 76-P, with Razorock vintage thin handle
Blade: Gillette 7'O Clock Green, Super stainless
Brush: Omega 10098
Soap: Razorock What the Puck - Gold label
Bowl: Random kitchen steel bowl

Everything went perfect, star of the show Razorock WTP - top notch soap imo👌

sotd 21-4

This base plate was PIFfed to me in this topic. Today I used it for the 1st time. 2 Days of stubble were removed in a very effective and comfortable way. I reckon this is a keeper!

Razorock - Game changer 0.68-OC
Feather - Hi Stainless (2)
Frank Shaving - Pur-tech
Martin de Candre - Nature
Tabac - Original AS
Balea - Men Sensitive ASB

20240421.jpg

sotd 25-4

Excellent combination of stuff used today, superb shave that removed 2 days of stubble. The more I use this mildest version of the GC, the more I like it. The 84-P hardly gets used anymore.

Razorock - Game Changer 0.68-P
Feather - Hi Stainless (4)
Mühle - STF M
Martin de Candre - Vétyver
Tabac - Original AS

20240425.jpg

Hey wacky wet shavers, what's up!

New member and new wet shaver here.

I started with a Henson AL13 mild, have been loving the experience, but I always find I need more passes than I want and I think the fixed angle just causes me to miss some spots regardless of technique or blade.

Just placed an order for a GC .76P so I will be a brotherhood member soon!

Been looking into stainless as I wanted to try a heavier and more aggressive razor and really see what that "let the razor do the work" is all about . Had completely overlooked these reasonably priced, full stainless, made in Canada razors :p hoping the GC will truly change the game for me, if it does I still have time to get my money back for the Henson so win win.

I started with a Henson AL13 mild, have been loving the experience, but I always find I need more passes than I want and I think the fixed angle just causes me to miss some spots regardless of technique or blade.

Been looking into stainless as I wanted to try a heavier and more aggressive razor and really see what that "let the razor do the work" is all about . Had completely overlooked these reasonably priced, full stainless, made in Canada razors :p hoping the GC will truly change the game for me, if it does I still have time to get my money back for the Henson so win win.
Welcome to the forum. You should really like the GC-0.76P.

I have the .68p and .84p coming to join my .76p. I've never actually shaved with any Game Changer. Any recommendations on the order to try them and which blades to use? I'm leaning towards mildest first and testing with a medium range sharpness blade (Treet Platinum or Astra SP), unless anyone has a combo they think is exceptional.

Me: normal skin and an every other day shaver.

That's how I started too. I have the AL13+ and found I was doing more passes than I had wanted, so I picked up the .68P and .84P. I used the 84P for a bit and got a refund on my AL13+. I had tried the .68P and originally didn't find it all that great.

Over time I found the 84P a bit much for my needs so I picked up the 76P. That one seemed to hit the sweet spot in terms of mild and efficient all at the same time. Then one day I decided to pick up the .68P and make a concerted effort to learn how to use it. Turns out that it doesn't give up much to the .76P or .84P at the end of the shave since I still miss the same spots regardless of the razor and have to go back and do some cleanup in some spots.

I've since been using the .68P with a GSB and I'm able to do a full 3 pass shave, with the associated cleanup of the spot under my left jaw line, without irritation. Unfortunately I've also gotten a bit careless with the razor since it's so mild. Now I get nicks and razor burn when I pick up the more aggressive razors.

I have the .68p and .84p coming to join my .76p. I've never actually shaved with any Game Changer. Any recommendations on the order to try them and which blades to use? I'm leaning towards mildest first and testing with a medium range sharpness blade (Treet Platinum or Astra SP), unless anyone has a combo they think is exceptional.

Me: normal skin and an every other day shaver.

Grab one and give it a go. I started with the 84P and worked my way towards a milder razor. It may take some time to get them dialed in.

sotd 27-4

King's day in the Netherlands, so it had to be a royal shave today. Whether it was, is up to you, but I certainly enjoyed it. Thanks to @nlife 's generous PIF I received this OC baseplate earlier this week. Used it for the 2nd time, and still impressed with it! Very nice shave.

The blade was also included in the envelop, never used this one before. But on it's first shave, it wasn't bad. Let's see how it holds up?

Razorock - Game Changer 0.68-OC
Asco - Platinum Class (1)
Mühle - STF M
Stirling - Naked & Smooth
Pitralon - Classic AS

20240427.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday. April 27th 2024

Razor : Razorock Game Changer.84 316 SSP with a RR Radio button handle. Mfg 2018>, tame mid range. Well made from 316 SSP with excellent machining and finish QC. I have been using the RR GC.84 razor for 6 years and I seem to like using a Kai SS extra wide blade for a little more blade feel. Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : Kai SS (2) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Nice blade for folks who enjoy a little extra blade feel.
Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea" croap, nice unique scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Razorock Plissoft 24mm knot. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. 1st decent brush I owned 7 years ago, Razorock made a big contribution when they offered the Plissoft to thousands of brush buyers 8 or 9 years ago(game changer in synthetic brushes IMO).
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock The Dead Sea splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Razorock GC.84 with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD April 27 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
That's how I started too. I have the AL13+ and found I was doing more passes than I had wanted, so I picked up the .68P and .84P. I used the 84P for a bit and got a refund on my AL13+. I had tried the .68P and originally didn't find it all that great.

Over time I found the 84P a bit much for my needs so I picked up the 76P. That one seemed to hit the sweet spot in terms of mild and efficient all at the same time. Then one day I decided to pick up the .68P and make a concerted effort to learn how to use it. Turns out that it doesn't give up much to the .76P or .84P at the end of the shave since I still miss the same spots regardless of the razor and have to go back and do some cleanup in some spots.

I've since been using the .68P with a GSB and I'm able to do a full 3 pass shave, with the associated cleanup of the spot under my left jaw line, without irritation. Unfortunately I've also gotten a bit careless with the razor since it's so mild. Now I get nicks and razor burn when I pick up the more aggressive razors.

Grab one and give it a go. I started with the 84P and worked my way towards a milder razor. It may take some time to get them dialed in.
Good insight here! I've only been wet shaving for about 3 months so I'm sure my technique still has a lot of room to improve overall, but I find myself more often going for 3 passes with an extra cleanup, maybe 2 and a cleanup on a good day with the AL13 and tbh on work days I just don't have the time to take that long in the morning. I would prefer to do 1 or 2 passes max so I'm think the extra weight and more aggressive head should put me closer to where I want, however I love that I can actually switch out plates if I feel the need instead of just buying a full new razor with the GC, another big selling point compared to Henson IMO.

The GameChanger has landed! Excited for my first shave with it tomorrow morning

Apparently we're not all that unique, because this mirrors my experience - almost to a "T".

There's an active thread where folks are discussing having started off mild, moving up in aggressiveness and efficiency, and working back to mild.

One theory is that the more aggressive razors teach you how to find and hold the angle, and that this training transfers to more efficiency with a milder razor - something you may not realize if you never use a more aggressive razor

The Gamechanger (and I would assume the Rockwell) is a great platform for exploring this.

... Thom

Top Bottom