What's new

Bootlegger's Series: That OkieStubble did it again!

Sorry guys...no review of the Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum today. I have a sunburn on my shoulders from this weekend and I fell into an uncontrollable itch part way through my shave this morning. It was all I could do to finish up a two pass. In the midst of my struggles, I thought it not fair to splash on some goodness when I didn't do a proper shave. So alas, I will have a review tomorrow for you all. Hop your day goes better than mine.

I splashed on the Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum this morning, the last in the series that I will review. Not a long one this morning as I woke up late and the time is passing...so I need to head off to work. :mad3: Anyway...from first splash I knew I would like this. I really like lime scented aftershaves, but there are so few that I have experienced that are really good. Too many of them smell synthetic or smell like an Otter Pop. The ones I have currently are Maggard Razor's Limes and Bergamot and Captains Choice Lime. I like both of them as they are fairly close to a true lime scent (with a little extra obviously). But the Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum definitely fits the bill of a lime scented aftershave that I like (scent wise). The lime is pronounced, but the bay rum still comes through. The problem with most lime aftershaves is that they don't last long...I mean, most of them dissipate very quickly. Let's see how long this one lasts. I'll report back later on the other aspects of this...but so far so good.

In the meantime, for those who want to read about this in the wiki, see below:

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Bootleggers

1 Part: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum
1 Part: Master Bay Rum
1 Part: Superior 70 Bay Rum
1 Part: Pinaud Citrus Musk

All the benefits of the original Bootlegger’s Bay Rum with the added scent of Lime! Lots of different lime scents were sampled and tested before settling on PinaudCitrus Musk for this recipe. It blends perfectly with Bootlegger’s Bay Rum, like it was made for Bootlegger’s. The perfect summertime bay rum!

$BR_Lime.png

So in continuation of my last post...I just want to say that the Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum is a must make for me. While I do wish the scent would last a little longer, the scent does not just go away. I splashed on the Aftershave around 7:00 AM this morning and I can still catch a faint whiff of it currently. Though I doubt anyone else can. After all, what's the point of smelling good if others can't smell you. That being said, this scent is most adequate in the realm of smelling good. When I splashed and sprayed (yes I did both) this stuff on, I really thought that it would seriously dry out and this not a lot of moisturizing going on. I couldn't be more wrong. While the Lime Bay Rum isn't the most moisturizing it does add some moisture properties. Felt the effects well in to the morning and little into the afternoon. So all in all this is a great aftershave. The citrus is a nice twist (twist of lime that is) to a classic bay rum scent that make almost wish summer was here...ALMOST. Some final thoughts either later today or tomorrow.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
So in continuation of my last post...I just want to say that the Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum is a must make for me. While I do wish the scent would last a little longer, the scent does not just go away. I splashed on the Aftershave around 7:00 AM this morning and I can still catch a faint whiff of it currently. Though I doubt anyone else can. After all, what's the point of smelling good if others can't smell you. That being said, this scent is most adequate in the realm of smelling good. When I splashed and sprayed (yes I did both) this stuff on, I really thought that it would seriously dry out and this not a lot of moisturizing going on. I couldn't be more wrong. While the Lime Bay Rum isn't the most moisturizing it does add some moisture properties. Felt the effects well in to the morning and little into the afternoon. So all in all this is a great aftershave. The citrus is a nice twist (twist of lime that is) to a classic bay rum scent that make almost wish summer was here...ALMOST. Some final thoughts either later today or tomorrow.

Nice review Don. It makes me feel very proud, that you and many others enjoy the Bootlegger's Series of aftershaves. It makes the time that is put into each one of them, worth it.

I think the scent longevity for all the Bootlegger's aftershaves are pretty decent. Considering the fact that they are indeed only aftershaves and are not meant to be, Colognes or EDT's. While most brands of bay rums are fleeting, I think Bootlegger's 3 bay rum aftershaves offer decent sillage & longevity for bay rum type "aftershaves". All day scent or even several hours from any aftershave, would be an extraordinary aftershave and not a norm, imo.

I totally agree. Even the less potatoes of the bunch lasts several good hours. That's more you can say for most aftershaves.

Enjoyed reading your reviews Don! I picked up a little travel container for an upcoming trip and loaded it with Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum and just put another splash on after reading this thread and before writing. Great stuff.

Enjoyed reading your reviews Don! I picked up a little travel container for an upcoming trip and loaded it with Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum and just put another splash on after reading this thread and before writing. Great stuff.

Thanks [MENTION=92153]labrax[/MENTION] ! I figured [MENTION=32898]OkieStubble[/MENTION] took the time to make these samples and send them to me, the least I could do is give some honest reviews that may or may not help people out.

Top Bottom