What's new

Bootlegger's Series: That OkieStubble did it again!

Now that I have finished the entire line of the Bootlegger's Aftershaves...what do I think of them? First and foremost, I need to thank [MENTION=32898]OkieStubble[/MENTION] for making and sending me samples. Had it not been for him, I may not have taken the initiative myself and made them. Guess I have some work to do, because I really like all of these. Next up I need to thank [MENTION=29515]TheVez2[/MENTION] the CEO of Bootlegger brand and his crafty artwork to illustrate the essence of Bootlegger Brand in picture. Bravo gentleman for giving Badger & Blade some fine Aftershaves to add to our already bursting at the seams shave dens. :biggrin1:

While all of the Bootlegger *** are great, and they are, I do have an overall winner and even a runner-up. All of the Bootlegger *** are very similar in a lot of ways and outside of Green Freeze (and maybe Lime Bay Rum), all the scents are similar. But for me, the overall winner of this group is Pefecto. To be honest, I just don't know how you beat that. Now I like a long smelling AS and I have some that last a very long time (according to my wife...if you know what I mean :blush:), and Pefecto fits this bill. It also has one of the longest time frames as far as keeping your face feeling refreshed or moisturized...it lasts literally the entire day. As soon as I can, I need to grab me some Master's, Superior, and Vito's...because this AS belongs in my Den.

My Runner-up scent is El Dorado. While Pefecto is my overall favorite of the bunch, El Dorado is my favorite smelling of the Bootlegger's ***. It has a very sophisticated scent profile for a concoction of, well let's just face it, not very expensive *** at all. The scent dries down to something that is altogether manly and sophisticated. There is the leather and then the musk and then the dry down with a nice powdery scent. The moisturizing abilities of El Dorado don't last as long as Perfecto...but I think we are just splitting hairs here.

So if I have any final words on this matter, they are:

I need to buy about 10 or 11 cheap aftershaves to make me some great Bootlegger's Aftershaves.

I hope this thread has helped you all.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
:thumbup: I am really glad you enjoyed the series of Bootlegger's aftershaves Don. Great reviews, each and every one. I think you said it best in your last post of what our goal for Bootlegger's has always been. A bunch of cheap and easy to find aftershaves, mixed together with the greatest interest and care, to invent a series of aftershaves, that someone might think, you actually spent some money on them.

Take just the original Bootlegger's Bay Rum for example. 3 inexpensive and easy to obtain bay rums that all can be had for about $16. And when you mix them together, not only do you come up with an absolutely beautiful bay rum that can hold it's own with the most expensive, but you also can end up, with 46 ounces of it. That's a lot of bay rum folks.

One time cost of $16, but left with a lifetime supply of bay rum. That is, if you don't PIF it all out to your friends. :thumbup1:

I would like to use your thread and thank all those who have taken the time to test, try out and write reviews on The Bootlegger's concoctions.

And a huge THANK YOU to my CEO of the Bootlegger's Brand, Vez2 (KJ) for his leadership (keeping me on the straight & narrow) and excellent marketing genius. Also to the rest of the Bootlegger's Board of Directors August West (Tony) for his much appreciated wisdom and unwavering support in all Bootlegger's endeavors.

Without these guys, who both, is and was the Aftershave Forum Stewards, Bootlegger's would never have transpired to be what it is.

Thanks to everyone! :)

-Rob

Last edited:
:thumbup: I am really glad you enjoyed the series of Bootlegger's aftershaves Don. Great reviews, each and every one. I think you said it best in your last post of what our goal for Bootlegger's has always been. A bunch of cheap and easy to find aftershaves, mixed together with the greatest interest and care, to invent a series of aftershaves, that someone might think, you actually spent some money on them.

Take just the original Bootlegger's Bay Rum for example. 3 inexpensive and easy to obtain bay rums that all can be had for about $16. And when you mix them together, not only do you come up with an absolutely beautiful bay rum that can hold it's own with the most expensive, but you also can end up, with 46 ounces of it. That's a lot of bay rum folks.

One time cost of $16, but left with a lifetime supply of bay rum. That is, if you don't PIF it all out to your friends. :thumbup1:

I would like to use your thread and thank all those who have taken the time to test, try out and write reviews on The Bootlegger's concoctions.

And a huge THANK YOU to my CEO of the Bootlegger's Brand, Vez2 (KJ) for his leadership (keeping me on the straight & narrow) and excellent marketing genius. Also to the rest of the Bootlegger's Board of Directors August West (Tony) for his much appreciated wisdom and unwavering support in all Bootlegger's endeavors.

Without these guys, who both, is and was the Aftershave Forum Stewards, Bootlegger's would never have transpired to be what it is.

Thanks to everyone! :)

-Rob

Not a problem...and thank you @OkieStubble...it was real pleasure! Just going to say...if you put anything else together I would be happy to try it out for you! :thumbup:

As of this morning, I have - at long last - finished-up my set of gifted Bootlegger's Aftershaves (thanks to @OkieStubble). I have to admit, as the Bootlegger vials began to run low, I was less and less generous with my splashes. I just wanted the aftershaves to last...one...more...shave! Brilliant aftershaves, highly recommended. :thumbup:

The Bootlegger's project represents, at least in my estimation, the true spirit of B&B.

And it does not hurt they are pretty good stuff. :001_smile

Hat tip to [MENTION=32898]OkieStubble[/MENTION] and [MENTION=29515]TheVez2[/MENTION]

Top Bottom