What's new

Bootlegger's Bay Rum - Availability of Components

I was getting ready to order components to make up another batch of Bootlegger and can't seem to find one of the key ingredients, Masters Bay Rum. I was able to find the other two ingredients, Superior 70 Bay rum and Virgin Island Bay Rum.

Any suggestions on where to find Masters? If not, what would be a good substitute? Since Masters is mostly glycerin, I'm thinking maybe one their other scents, like maybe Masters Spice.

Any suggestions from other Bootleggers lovers?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Many of us in the Bootlegger’s Brigands thread in the Clubs & Brotherhoods sub forum, stocked up on Master Bay Rum for future blending before it became hard to find.

I find that great substitute brands in place of Master is Gabel’s or Stephan’s Bay Rums, I personally think Stephan’s is the better substitute choice. The extra glycerin that was in Master Bay Rum was very important When mixing Bootlegger’s Original Bay Rum and others, because it helps with longevity of scent and also helped tame the hell fire burn of Pinaud’s Virgin Island Bay Rum.

However, after mixing with one of the substitutes, one can simply add 1-2 drops of vegetable glycerin per ounce mixed to get the same benefits when mixed with Master.

Top Bottom