What's new

Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile

Though the brand was Italian once, the current Bolzanos are made in Germany by Feintechnik just like Croma, Elios and Merkur.

Yes, I understand (and mentioned that very thing in the other Balzano thread). Still, there is the Italian heritage, name and supposedly these blades are very popular among Italian shavers. But I can take solace in that, if I finally conclude they are not for me, I can just blame the Germans! :001_rolle

Did you consider the Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile to be a sharp blade? What razor have you tried these blades in? How long do they stay sharp?
For me, in a Merkur 41c, they're both incredibly sharp and incredibly comfortable. My only complaints about them are longevity (they fall off noticeably after the 2nd shave for me) and the price, which is a bit high for a blade that only lasts that long. My comparison point is that they're a mite sharper and smoother in that razor than a Bic, with less longevity.

I thought these blades were pretty good when I first bought them but now....meh......I just put them in the same box with the rest of the German Merkur blades..........I only enjoy 3 shaves if I'm lucky

I had my first shave today with a Bolzano Superinox and I was very happy with my shave. I am looking forward to using the rest of my sample pack of five blades.

Cheers

my brother in law loves these. does gifts and care offer and discount codes for b&B??

edit wow shipping is a killer from them. ill wait. almost 25$ for just 100 blades... just for the shipping the slowest way they offer

Last edited:
My favorite German blades are Timor, and Souplex are very good as well. I like both of those better than Bolzano. I also picked up a pack of Rothbart Extra Dunn (thin) for the heck of hit when placing an order a while back and found them pretty good as well. Have yet to try the German Wilkie so can't compare any of these to the more common Wilks.

My favorite German blades are Timor, and Souplex are very good as well. I like both of those better than Bolzano. I also picked up a pack of Rothbart Extra Dunn (thin) for the heck of hit when placing an order a while back and found them pretty good as well. Have yet to try the German Wilkie so can't compare any of these to the more common Wilks.

Rotbart's are excellent, though pricey.

I really like this blade, but it is far too expensive. The link a few posts up has an OK price and a $27 shipping fee. :w00t: That is not going to happen.

Cheers

I enjoy these blades but agree price and shipping can be deal breaker. I found Westcoast Shaving helpful on price and low ship. They are a B&B vendor. Check with them for 100 blade package. I have also used Italian Barber in Canada. Pricer but free ship with 200 blades to US and Canada brings total down. One item I found were these blades last about 25% longer than Gillette so cost per shave nearly same. Hope that helps.

Personally I don't care for these blades. They provide a lot of feedback while shaving but seem to lack in the cutting department. Also they feel really rough - not smooth at all. I was disappointed as I wanted to like them. Strangely despite the roughness and having to do multiple passes and touch ups to achieve semi BBS - no irritation or weepers. Weird!

Top Bottom