What's new

Blue Stratos

Every time I stop and smell a different aftershave, SWMBO tells me that it is not as good as Blue Stratos. After 25 years I'm not sure if she really remembers the scent. I know I don't:huh:

So I have a bottle on the way from Australia to see if it is as good as she remembers. The postage is more than the bottle. Oh well, guess it is worth it if it arrives in one piece and is as she remembers.

My question though is whether there is an aftershave that doesn't have to travel this far and has the same or similar scent that Blue Stratos did/has?

Cheers.

Jim

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I don't know the answer. But...

Are you from Vancouver ? You have given little information about yourself.

Hi Jim,
Good question, I'm racking my brains trying to remember......... The last time I used was when I was about 18 - nearly 28 years ago
I've got back into using old favourites like Brut, Old Spice and Jovan Musk, so now I'm debating on whether to pull the trigger on a bottle of Blue Stratos or Denim

Hope this helps you track down some thing close.

Top notes: Citrus and Lavender.
Heart notes: Basil and Anis.
Base notes: Oak Moss, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Musk and Vanilla.

I really like Blue Stratos. It's a bit strong, but a nice warm, musky, yet slightly marine fragrance. I got mine cheap from Connaughts Shaving back when fragrances could be shipped out of the UK, but that is no more.

Thanks for all of the replies.

I received the bottle of new Blue Stratos that I ordered from Australia. The scent is nice, but it is not what we remember from the early 1990s. It seems to lack the "je ne sais quoi" that the Shulton formulation had. It is also not as strong and does not last the way the old formula did.

Ice-Man, thanks for the information on the notes in the old formula. The page RockyNomad gave as a reference indicates a very different formula. The picture of the Blue Stratos on Perfume Bleu matches exactly the bottle shipped to me from Australia, so I am guessing they sell the Australian manufacture. Perfume Bleu indicates;
Top notes: marine notes, grapefruit, bergamot and lemon.
Heart: rosewood, geranium and patchouli.
Base: musk, pine, thyme, basil, mint and wood notes.
Yet the Australian site indicates the compound is a fougere; a mix of lavender and oak moss. The Perfume Bleu formula contains neither.

So on to searching for another favourite. Not a lot of variety to try near where I live.

By the way Billski, I live on Vancouver Island, near Vancouver but separated by a boring ferry ride.

Jim

Jim, if you look for a more concentrated version of BS they also make an EDT which to my nose is much closer to the 80's original. About £2.99 in Savers which is UK high street cosmetics discounter.

Top Bottom