What's new

Bill Ellis Ramapo

Had to dig this one out but man that is one awesome looking razor!
Sho is :w00t:
Looks so weird & so absolutely stunning at the same time.

I just got me some yellow-heart, but something tells me it won't really come out like Bill's scales...

Sho is :w00t:
Looks so weird & so absolutely stunning at the same time.

I just got me some yellow-heart, but something tells me it won't really come out like Bill's scales...
Actually, I saw your bocote scales and it tells me you have the capability. You'd have to overlook your adversion to CA, though, 'cause it's been the only finish I have found that makes yellow heart pop.

Had to dig this one out but man that is one awesome looking razor!
Thanks for the vote. It is an exceptional vintage razor and a very good choice for shaving.

I love custom razors. This is definitely one of the nicest around.
:thumbup1:
Thanks. It's not quite a custom, though. Only the scales. I restored the vintage blade. What makes it unique is the distal taper that coincides with the blade-width taper. That configuration makes it possible to hone and strop like a regular shaped razor. It was a joy to shave with.

Actually, I saw your bocote scales and it tells me you have the capability. You'd have to overlook your adversion to CA, though, 'cause it's been the only finish I have found that makes yellow heart pop.

You are making me blush over here :blushing:

And I take that as a challenge to make it pop, old-school:w00t:

I've been looking at it again & it must be that tapering on "both ways" so to speak that makes it so special & strange to look at.
I've never seen a blade like it. Very unique & very beautiful.

Yup, that blade came tapered like that from the factory. Some rubes would have you think otherwise, but they'd be WRONG!
:blush:
:lol:

Top Bottom