What's new

Best & worst soap/cream you have used

Best Soap = VDH Deluxe, yup it's cheap and has no real fragrance but it works so well
Best Cream = Lord Emofresh, marvelous shaves with it and love the smell

Worst Soap = Altesse, lots of lather but no slide or cushion. Dont' like the smell either
Worst Cream = No comment yet, still have lots to try

Worst Cream - Alba | Best Cream - Taylor of Old Bond Street
Worst Soap - I've had good luck with all the soaps I've tried
Best Soap - Depends on my mood, Krissy's Old Spice Tallow, Provence Sante, Saint Charles Shave soaps, Tabac, MWF, AoS, GFT, etc. The list goes on - I guess I just love soap :smile:

• Best soap - Prairie Creations tallow with aloe vera and wheat protein
  • Worst soap - Proraso (both versions have something that I react to)

• Best cream - Castle-Forbes Lime
  • Worst cream - Caswell-Massey Almond

Last edited:
Best Soap: GFT Violet
Best Cream: Speick

Worst Soap: Classic Shaving
Worst Cream: I don't know, I don't use too many and love the 2 I have (Speick and TOBS Avocado)

best cream - castle forbes lavender
best soap - tabac

worst cream - tobs eton college (horrible smell)
worst soap - t&h luxury (hard to get a good lather)

Best cream: TOBS St. James and Rose
Best soap: Cade, Mama Bears, Proraso

Worst cream: Ingram
Worst soap: MWF/Erasmic. There, I said it.

I haven't tried too many, but so far......

Best Soap: Tabac
Worst Soap: Masters (quick drying lather, awful scent) I actually like Williams. There. I said it.
Best Cream: Clubman Club Lather (Lathers up nice and fast, stays slick, smells nice & clean, well priced)
Worst Cream: So far, like 'em all. Haven't yet tried one I didn't like.

Best Soap: Prairie Creations. I know, I've only used it once, but it was that good. No other soap blew me away like this the first time. I'll check back in with more later
Best Cream: Santa Maria Novella. Similar to Proraso. A little better. Or maybe just a little more expensive and it's all in my head
Worst Soap: Some crap I got at a natural food store that didn't even lather.
Worst Cream: AOS Unscented. It burned my skin.

best soap: Arko shave stick
best cream: KMF

worst soap: some handmade stuff I got from the bay, threw it away
worst cream: not yet found (do not use cream often, have tried Palmolive, Godrej, VGH and KMF)

worst cream = Caldo (Italian for garbage, I think)
worst soap = Herban Cowboy?

Best Cream = Speick (tough choice, so many good ones)
Best Soap = C&E Nomad -->perfect

Best Creams: TOBS Rose, TOBS Sandalwood, GFT Coconut, C&E Sandalwood and TOBS Almond
Best Soaps: Don't use soaps yet
Worst: I use Badger & Blade for info to keep me from ever getting the worst!

Best soap(s): MWF, Spieck (ground stick), Omega.
Worst soap: MWF (before I learned how to use it).

Best cream: T&H Ultimate, Real Shaving Co.
Worst cream. Gentleman's Refinery. Over-priced and hardens before it's half used.

BTW -- I also like Williams. If you treat it like MWF (the formulae are quite similar), it does well.

Best Cream: Palmolive (American)

...SNIP!!

Erasmic cream is my favorite scent (of all shaving items), but every time I break out my dwindling suppy of Palmolive, I'm simply amazed at the quality of the lather (and creams are the largest variety of shaving item I have).

I am relatively surprised at the the mention of the US version Palmolive Lather shave cream. It's been out of production for more than a couple of years now. I acquired a small stash at end of product availability, and I ration my use of it.

It never was known for its fragrance, or for the lather for that matter. But it really gives a great shave. I think it Lubricates better and Softens whiskers better that any other product. The 'industrial' fragrance was a bit off-putting to me, but if I want a BBS shave, I load a fresh blade into just about any razor and then reach for the US Palmolive cream.

I most recently used it two days ago. Man, what a great shave!

-- John Gehman

Best cream: Tie between German Nivea and Proraso
Worst cream: Godrej (eats my face up)

Best soap: Proraso White
Worst Soap: Williams

Top Bottom