What's new

Best brush for Cella?

I've fallen hard for Cella. Love the smell, love the lather, love the shave I get from it. Right now I'm using a boar Omega 49 to get it on my face. Like the brush okay, but I'm wondering if I should broaden my horizons.

Do you think there are any noteworthy brushes I should consider that pair especially well with Cella? I'm also digging the Queen Charlotte samplers I have, which as you know have a similar consistency and latherability (is that even a word?).

Waddya think? Thanks for the recs.

I use either an Omega 49 or a 81064, which I like a lot. My Pro 48 is a mite big for the little red tub...

Jeff

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Any boar or badger brush with soft tips and good backbone works well with Cella. Omega boars are perfect. And consider that these brushes are the weapon of choice of most Italian Master Barbers. :wink2:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Having just obtained the 1K brick of Cella, MWF and Tabac, I have been putting them all thru the paces making sure I mix up different variables to see how they perform.

So far, I have used 3 different brushes with Cella. 1. a VDH Deluxe boar, 2. an Omega 10029 boar called the "Baby Pro" 3. and a Shea Moisture brush which is black badger.

Imo, Cella would lather with any and all brushes. But it seems to me with the water retention of the badger,it makes an even more incredible explosion of lather. In fact, just a few swirls of the brush and it's almost too much lather!

When has anyone ever said "too much lather?" :)

Last edited:
Cella is so easy to lather I really don't think it makes a difference what brush you use. I've had great success with all of my brushes. The Berkeley 46 is particularly deft with the Cella.

Cella lathers itself if you look at it funny. The stuff is great, so any brush should work well.

That said, what is your budget for a new brush? I can name any number of great ones, but a budget and a vague idea of what might be important to you in a brush would help a lot.

I use either a Rooney 3/1 or Simpson Colonel. Normally I prefer the Rooney if I'm bowl lathering creams and the Colonel if I'm face lathering or using soaps. With Cella it doesn't matter which brush I use.

Thanks for the advice! I think I'd top out around $100 for a brush, but maybe higher if it was worth it.

My shave today was Cella face-lathered with a Shavemac 177 in silver tip. In a word, it was perfect. This brush is fabulous and hits right in your budget if you buy it from WCS. Best of luck!

Probably anything will do well....I have had real good luck on soaps whether they be hard or soft, with a "best" badger....have one from Penworks...does an awesome job....as a matter of fact...Im going there to check out another new brush tomorrow....only about 17 miles from my house.

Top Bottom