What's new

Best book you've ever read

Dune and Rant. 10 years ago I would have said On the Road, however when I read it again, it was not as magical as the first time.

For an easy, enjoyable read I always reach for Brave New World or Treasure Island.

My favourite books are either the Odyssey or Shakespeare's complete works (technically 3 books in the version I have).

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I've been reading a few biographies lately.

If Chin Could Kill - By Bruce Campbell. One of the funniest book I've read. Really worth it. Love the chapter where he bought his car from a friend...

Up until Now - By William Shatner. There's more to Bill Shatner than Captain Kirk. It's a fair chunk of his life but he did some things around it and I'm curious to watch those now.

All the King's Men, by Robert Penn Warren
A Cry of Absence, by Madison Jones,
Native Son, by Richard Wright
Welcome to the Monkey House, by Kurt Vonnegut (sic)
Murder Must Advertise, by Dorothy Sayers
Tender is the Night, by F. Scott Fitzgerald

In no particular order.

I just finished reading "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand. It's the best non-fiction book I have ever read. It is a page turner and of course a true story which makes it even more interesting.

koba the dread, martin amis.
'The Rachel Papers' was a formative experience. All male readers over a certain age have a great fondness for Mart, it seems.

My favourite American book is A Confederacy of Dunces (see username), made me lol IRL more than any book other than Three Men in a Boat.

~Adam

'The Rachel Papers' was a formative experience. All male readers over a certain age have a great fondness for Mart, it seems.

My favourite American book is A Confederacy of Dunces (see username), made me lol IRL more than any book other than Three Men in a Boat.

~Adam

i am a big fan of martin amis, the way he writes and tells stories is very human and retrospecting at the same time, he goes deep.

I will also give a shout out to The Name of the Rose.
You also can't go wrong with Pat Conroy. My favorite would be Lords of Discipline.
Favorite would be Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.

Dale

Top Bottom