What's new

Best Aventus tribute soap

I am new to wet shaving, or will be new too it soon (read my newbie thread I introduced myself in if you want to know what that means) and I am thinking of picking up an Aventus scented shaving soap as I know my wife likes that scent, I have found several options at different places and wanted input on which you guys think donthe best job at both shaving performance and matching tje scent. Ones I have looked at include: TOBS Royal Forest, Fine Platinum, Stirling Executive Man and Declaration Grooming Sellout, but feel free to add any others I should look out

The soap scent is not really intended to last a long time like a cologne, it is just there for your enjoyment when shaving. It makes sense to pick a soap that has the performance you like, with a fairly mild scent so it will not clash with whatever you use after shaving.

The soap scent is not really intended to last a long time like a cologne, it is just there for your enjoyment when shaving. It makes sense to pick a soap that has the performance you like, with a fairly mild scent so it will not clash with whatever you use after shaving.
I am aware, but for one she will probably be in the area as I am shaving and smell it, and all of those brands have a matching aftershave, and some even a cologne which I would be pairing it with

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
IMO Stirling Executive man has the base notes of Aventus down but Fine Accoutrements has the pineapple top note that the real Aventus has. Stirling offered at one point, and maybe still does, an Executive man with more pineapple in it. If I had to choose one it would be the Stirling version.

Lets see there are a bunch and YMMV
Ethos, Succes is real good
Black Tie Razor, Avenue is pretty good.
Lisa's Naturals, Success is real good.
Pheonix Artisan, Doppelganger Grey is good
Razor Rock, Emperor is real good
Saponifico Varisisino, Opuntia is real good
Shannon's Soap, All is rage is good
Wholly Kow, Belgravia is real good

There are a bunch more you can go broke getting different Aventus scented shaving soap.

During Aventus August each year I rotate through the ones I have and Stirling Executive Man and Fine Platinum always percolate back to the top, with the "winner" being whichever one I just used :p

In general, anyone looking for an Aventus clone in shave soap is best off with Stirling Exec Man. Is it the best performing of them all, nope, but the scent is right there and it's good enough to use. That said, Aventus sucks.

Dang how could I forget about the great performing.

Faena, Imperial

Out of everything I mentioned I prefer the scent of Ethos Success the best. It has the best pineapple scent. Kind of like Fine Platinum Balm. I wish the Fine soap, aftershave and cologne smelled more like the balm. I wish the balm was still available.

Captains Choice Venture is very nice and close to the real thing for my nose I prefer the CC cream over their soap :)
for sure Saponificio Varesino Opuntia but the SV is my fav hard soap and so worth trying

Creed Aventus is my fav scent and have a few others they are all unique
ethos success
Fine Platinum also is a great one and the PAA in the grey forgot the exact name is another great one
the Stirling was allergic to there stuff sadly but that is me not on them :)

performance for me since I have those I mentioned
CC Cream and SV are tied for first
then Ethos success
then PAA
then Fine

I haven't tried Succes but that one will be the overall best soap of all. I dont know how close it is to the real scent. Sellout will be the darkest most muddled Aventus scent. There is also A&E Spartacus which is also a close take on Aventus but not a replica.

Also Stubble Buster Burnish, which is technically patterned after Azarro Chrome, but has the smoky pineapple scent.

Can't say I've tried all - or even most - of these but +1 for WSP's Olympus and has nobody else mentioned B&M Atomic Holiday yet?

Top Bottom