What's new

Berwick shoes.

I had never heard of this brand until recently when I was out shoe shopping. They caught my eye and at first I was a bit apprehensive so I did some internet research and it turns out they are a brand out of Spain.

They are Goodyear welted and the workmanship is right up there with Alden, Allen Edmonds and Loake. Just bought a pair yesterday and they are extremely comfortable and superbly crafted and very well priced for the quality. I'll be buying a few more pairs for sure.

proxy.php

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Pretty good review from Ask Andy About Clothes: Not much has been said here on the subject of this newish Spanish brand.I discovered the company last week, while lurking on ebay for new brogues. As far as well-made shoes go, they're downright affordable (UK prices run between £100 and £200, if I'm correct). Now, they're not Aldens, or C&J, or Lobbs, nor do they try to be, but I'd whole-heartedly recommend them for whatever use one would have of shoes within this price range. They remind me (and others) of the slightly pricier Loake shoes I've had and seen. For the price, detailing is surprisingly good. The leather on my pair is sturdy yet soft, which is a welcome change from my English bench-made shoes, which inevitably tend to feel like iron at first. So again: not on par with what people like RogerP (I had to) wear on a daily basis, but I'm satisfied. The only thing that might keep me from ordering another pair in the future is their fitting, perhaps a notch narrow for my foot. Also: as everyone ever who's written about them has mentioned, they run big. I'm a 10 and, after reading reviews, got a 9.5. Good call.

They do run very big. I usually wear a US size 9, sometimes a half size up or down depending on brand. However, with these, I had to buy a US size 7.5. which is pretty incredible. I felt almost embarrassed at the shoe store since I haven't worn a size 7.5 since junior high school. That is, until the salesman told me that Berwick runs pretty big.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Not in the market for dress shoes, but thanks for adding a new name to the mix for those who are.

Top Bottom