What's new

bergischer lowe str8 problem

hey guys,tell me if i'm being too much.decided to purchase a new razor and once i got it i was not impressed with the quality for the $300 i paid for it.the following pics show certain issues i saw with it.the filework on the back was not even close to being equidistant.the front of the blade was ground at an angle.the pin holding the blade had extra washer on one side and i think this damaged the horn handles.not impressed with the gold wash.what should i do?my personal opinion is to return it,buy a razor that has been restored and never buy new again.what do you think?robert.

Yep. Return it. The Bergischer Lowe is a gorgeous razor and a wonderful shaver when it's done right, which that one is most decidedly not.

the problem i have is that if i return it,how do i know the same thing won't happen again? obviously this is a production issue.

Holy crapola! for that money it better be beyond quality! Return it and make them live up to the price and reputation.

Same grinding as is on the worked back Friodurs.

I believe that is just how the grinding is done. The front of the blade has been ground at an angle like that on both of the Frios I had like that, the spinework is the same: one side is a bit deeper than the other.

C'est la vie.

Return it if you are not satisfied.

that's what i thought.for $50 i'd expect it.for $300 i expect alot more than that.

I'd expect better for $50.

I am no expert, but I would hazard a guess that the QC issues associated with this new razor is an anomaly. This shouldn't have made it out of the factory and shouldn't have left the vendor's shop. Stuff happens, but I wouldn't be scared to buy new.

Last edited:
The lack of QC on the first Dovo MOP I received was ridiculous. The replacement was an entirely different quality of razor. Night and day difference. Easily one of my favorite razors now. Definitely return it.

i got a set of replacement Dovo scales once that were terrible. A quick email to the vendor though and they took them back and offered replacements which were quite attractive IMO.

I say give it another shot and return it. See if you can't get one that's not made like doo.

contacted customer service and they asked me did the razor look used?one question,is that my job to answer or theirs?

i did not shave with it.was honed by the company i bought it from.it did not looked used it looked like certain things were not paid attention to.i understand production peices are different than customs and i'm not expecting ellis spinework,but for $300?come on,i could have ground it the same if i closed my eyes and used the force.

Let them know. They'll look it over themselves when they get it anyway, but let them know what condition it arrived in and what the problems were.

Return it to the company you bought it from.

Dovo will ask YOU to send it back to them, if you try and contact them, and you'll have to wait 3 months while they "look it over", and get back to you with their decision then.

I tried it, I know. They do not have lightning fast customer service, and they leave you holding the bag in the meantime. They did not offer a replacement in exchange, nada.:mad:

Return it to the company you bought it from.

Dovo will ask YOU to send it back to them, if you try and contact them, and you'll have to wait 3 months while they "look it over", and get back to you with their decision then.

I tried it, I know. They do not have lightning fast customer service, and they leave you holding the bag in the meantime. They did not offer a replacement in exchange, nada.:mad:

thanks for that.i actually was considering going to dovo with this as they are the source and i thought that they might actually care about this issue.i put str8 users in the same group as scotch drinkers and cigar and pipe smokers.i always thought that we were a discerning bunch that doesn't mind paying a little more but wants a little more which i'm sorry to say is being lost bit by bit.

thanks for that.i actually was considering going to dovo with this as they are the source and i thought that they might actually care about this issue.i put str8 users in the same group as scotch drinkers and cigar and pipe smokers.i always thought that we were a discerning bunch that doesn't mind paying a little more but wants a little more which i'm sorry to say is being lost bit by bit.

I sent emails with clear pictures of the problems (I had with THREE brand new Dovos...), explanations, etc, etc. Still, they requested I send them the razor so they could see for themselves.

i got quite a few razors and i wanted to buy something new for a change and this has turned me off of them.looks like old,refinished or custom for me.

Top Bottom