What's new

Before, During or After Shower?

Before, During or After Shower. When do you shave?

• Before Shower

• During Shower

• After Shower

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
99% of the cases: after the shower. Sometimes in the afternoon, in which case I will wash my face first before lathering up.

I shower and shave in the evening. my beard doesn't grow very fast so I'm nice and smooth the next day. I can take my time this way and there is nothing more relaxing answer self indulgent that a long shower and great shave in the evening after a long day at work!

Always immediately following a nice, hot shower for me. Love when I have plenty of time in the morning to enjoy my shave!

Many times during but I don't get as good a shave as I don't have the mirror (one hand on a handheld mirror, the other on the razor) or the ability to focus as much as required. Not to mention all the wasted water. Sink, full basin, focus, after the shower gets me the best results.

i used to shave after the shower to soften the hairs but now i shave with cold water so do it before the shower.
i also now shave in the morning instead of at night and i'd rather rush the shower if it takes me longer to shave rather than having to rush the shave or run late.

I prefer before because I want all of the minute amounts of lather that find it's way into my ears, behind my ears, etc. to be thoroughly washed away. I feel like I don't get a thorough enough rinsing when I'm just splashing myself from basin.

After, if I happen to shower in the morning. Showering afterwards would feel awkward. I love the feel of my aftershaves on my skin.

When I used that vile smelling canned stuff, I shaved before the shower.

Other I shave after a bath as it's easer on my back :(
I put hotish water in the sink and soak my brush for 30min the my face is all clean and preped for the shave .

I like shaving after a shower, but if do so, I have to hop back into the shower to fully rinse my face off. I can't get my face rinsed well enough at the sink, without making a terrible mess. As such, 99% of the time I shower after my shave to save time. I've found there's very little difference in the shave. I brush on some water, do a couple of other things for a minute or two, then shave.

i find using a cloth or small towel soaked in water makes it easier to wash my face or get all the lather off at the sink. otherwise splashing makes it hard to get the neck and ears and it makes a mess with water everywhere.

Tried "Before" shower again.

In spite of my best preparation efforts, the shave was a disaster.

After shower. Cover my face with Proraso pre-shave, make a thick warm lather. Brush it on and brush my teeth while the first lather soaks on my face. 3 passes with my DE of the the day and BBS. Rub in some Neutrogina moisturizer and a generous splash of Clubman Pinaud.....AAHHHH, a poor man's luxury.... Always at night before bed. Makes me sleep like a baby.

After my shower as it softens my whiskers but when I used a cart always before so I could wash the slime from the cartrage strip off

Top Bottom