What's new

Barbon shaving cream

$136_19_03_14_5_20_47.jpg

I don't know if there's an existing thread about this great Hungarian cream. If there is I apologize for being so redundant!

Barbon is a product of Caola-Alfa in Budapest, Hungary and it's a light-greenish color with a very pleasant scent that sort of reminds me a little of Musgo Real Classic. Its lather is so easy to work up, and has excellent protection against dryness as well as chlorophyl, which as I was told is very good at healing minor nicks or cuts almost immediately. In other words this cream is very versatile. I was very fortunate to receive this cream as a gift a while back!

I love all the Caola creams ,and although the scent evaporates rapidly , the Barbon aftershave is a good splash for me.

I had the Barbon aftershave. It smells great with a whopper of a menthol punch. I wish the cream had it too! lollll

No menthol , but a great lather maker for me is the original Caola cream with chlorophyll...Has never appeared on their product list for some reason...

Attachments

• $ggg_174.jpg
    $ggg_174.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 158
  • $ggg_302.jpg
    $ggg_302.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 159
  • $ggg_303.jpg
    $ggg_303.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 158
The same scent, lather, but I seem to find the Barbon cream more soothing. This Caola cream is or was a big seller in Egypt, Kuwait, Qatar, and Dubai. Now, I don't know.

Barbon is a terrific performer, as is it's cousin Figaro. A few years ago, Joe at Shave-a-buck was selling both of these excellent creams at a great price (as well as their matching aftershaves).

I can't think of a shave cream that performs better.

Caola shaving cream is essentially cheaper version of the Barbon. Sold in most of the Arab world and used by barbershops over there.
Chlorophyll has the ability to stop bleeding cuts and nicks, has anti bacteria effect.

Brought a tube if this back from my trip to Budapest in October. Not knowing anything about it, I took a gamble, and boy was it a nice one.

Face lathered with a combination of barbon and Palmolive stick, what a fantastic combination. It produced a really slick and cushioning lather, and I was able to get a nice BBS with a superspeed and Rapira Swedish. 😀

I agree, both Barbon and Figaro are excellent creams and in the best bang for the buck category! I prefer Barbon for the scent. The Barbon aftershave is a winner too.

proxy.php

Really enjoyed my first couple of shaves with Barbon cream, it has a very light and pleasant clean scent, produces generous lather, and contains chlorophyll as an ingredient, which I would guess would be for it's healing and anti-microbial properties. The cream leaves a very hydrated feeling after a 3 pass shave. I finished off with the Barbon After Shave and while there was no menthol in the cream the after shave had a nice surprising blast of menthol and quicky fleeing green scent. Considering they both cost less than $2 apiece in Hungary I would have to say this is in my top 5 bargain shave creams of all time.

as I am Hungarian I use Barbon cream and after shave splash 2-3 shaves in a week and I like them very much because they are super performers for low price.
I am glad to hear many of you love Barbon outside of Hungary.

as I am Hungarian I use Barbon cream and after shave splash 2-3 shaves in a week and I like them very much because they are super performers for low price.
I am glad to hear many of you love Barbon outside of Hungary.

Greetings from Copenhagen from an enthusiastic user both of Barbon cream & after shave and Figaro cream & after shave.

Top Bottom