What's new

Barbicide or alcohol

Why my barber uses Barbicide:
Because it kills a lot of things that alcohol may miss. Also, there is a significantly shorter time that he is using his combs ect... from person to person. Therefor he needs it to kill off stuff faster than what would ordinarily die on it's own at room temp after a couple of hours. And he only changes his out weekly. He said that he's never heard of anyone ever having issues doing it that way and he's been a barber for about 60 years or so.

Why I use Barbicide:
My barber gave me some for free (enough of the concentrate to make about a pint's worth). I use it when I buy an old used razor (which consequently is every razor I own except for my very 1st one). I know that scrubbing bubbles will do the job and alcohol may help too. Even good old dish soap and water and an old toothbrush will wash away 95% of anything that will really hurt you. But my number one reason for using Barbicide is for piece of mind. And I don't change mine out . . . ever. I keep it in an old rubbing alcohol bottle with a screw-top lid so noting evaporates. If I need it I pour it into a old shave mug. After I'm done I funnel it back into the same container.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Bleach should not be used with some metals like brass and bronze, aluminum, and Zamac. Thus, Barbicide is a far better choice for sanitizing razors unless the razor is stainless steel.
I don't doubt what you say, but I've been fine (lucky so far) but like I said, not full strength out of jug. Either 1:4 bleach to water or the kitchen cleaner spray with bleach and only for about 30 seconds. I have no doubt strength of solution and length of time may well give different results. I didn't have any barbicide and couldn't wait to try out my find.

Top Bottom