What's new

Barbasol Ultra After Shave Balm "Mojo"

Either somebody on B&B or another thread asked if anybody tried this but I can't find that thread(apologies to that person) . I picked this up at a local Publix supermarket for $3.29 + tax. It suppose to be a brand new product. When I got home I immediately tried a very small amount just to see if its any good. Bingo very very nice and it smells pleasant. It has so many ingredients that its too numerous to list but does have a small amount of alcohol. So I am going to continue to use it each morning instead of aloe and see what happens. The Barbasol website does list this as a "new" product. And one other thing it absorbs into the skin very quickly(which I like)

Slantman, while I really appreciate your info on this new product, would you consider making it "official" and doing a review of it in the appropriate section? Often times it can be hard for those of us looking for an opinion of a specific product to search the forum threads for it.

Once again, whatever your decision, thanks for this new info on yet another "drugstore cowboy" to try! Thanks.

Nice, I haven't seen that before, and I've tried all their splashes!

Maybe if I can pull myself away from my Swan and Ivy Club .... nah :lol:

Actually this has been around for a while. I've seen it at my local "Drug Mart" but have not had occasion to pick it up. Barbasol has a whole "Ultra" line - Canned Shaving Gel, Canned Shaving Cream (as opposed to the normal looking regular Barbasol "Beard Buster" cans) and ASB.

Last edited:
John,
I just got it and used it twice so I need more time to give it an honest evaluation. However, its pretty good considering it not expensive.
And it absorbs into the skin very quickly. The Barbasol website says new product?

I miss Publix... I've not seen this product anywhere here in TX... please someone let me know where else it can be found. I'd love to try it.
Thanks!!

John,
I just got it and used it twice so I need more time to give it an honest evaluation. However, its pretty good considering it not expensive.
And it absorbs into the skin very quickly.

Understood. I completely agree that just a few uses is not enough to really know what a product is like - you need to "live" with it for a while to really make up your mind about something. It sounds like an interesting product, though, and I'll be waiting for more info whenever/however you choose. Thanks again for bringing this one to our attention.

OK I used it for a week and even took it a long this weekend. It smells great and the ingredients are OK but I came to the conclusion that it doesn't do much to protect my skin or sooth any burns. I stlll like pure aloe followed by a regular after shave or cologne.

Top Bottom