What's new

Bakelite Schick , easiest shave i've ever had.

I bought some blades for my old injector and used it for the first time just now and what they say is right, It's so easy, the angle is perfect just place the razor on your face and shave as fast as you want. It shaves like a modern razor but it's not as aggressive on your skin as a mach 3 or track 2 with all those blades. You can actually shave while in stupid mode, not having to think about anything.:thumbup::laugh:

Congrats on a great first shave with your Schick Injector.

Injectors are vastly under-rated on this board. They are wonderful, easy to use razors!

I am using my Type L Injector daily at the moment, as I want to figure out how many comfortable shaves I can get from the legendary Personna 74 Tungsten Steel blade. They were said to have a ridiculous amount of longevity. :tongue_sm

I use my E and L1 Injectors almost exclusively. I've tried to get used to double edge razors but I still have issues. The Schicks work great for me. They do require a learning curve, but anyone who has experience with a DE will adapt to them quite easily. I'm not sure I agree completely that they shave like a modern razor - modern cartridge razors require a lot more pressure. Schicks can be pretty aggressive if used wrong - it just requires getting the angle right and using almost no pressure - very similar to a DE.

Here's a pic of my Schick E - I really like this razor. It's by far my favorite - it dates from 1941. I bought it NOS and it looks pristine, like I just bought it at the corner drugstore in 1941.

proxy.php

I bought some blades for my old injector and used it for the first time just now and what they say is right, It's so easy, the angle is perfect just place the razor on your face and shave as fast as you want. It shaves like a modern razor but it's not as aggressive on your skin as a mach 3 or track 2 with all those blades. You can actually shave while in stupid mode, not having to think about anything.:thumbup::laugh:

ShaveMark,

I am glad you like your Schick :001_smile

I have an 'E2' and a 'G1' and they are super shavers; I have found that NOS Schick Platinums from the 1970s and the Ted Pella Teflon coated blades work well for me in both.

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

The G and E models give me the perfect shave pretty much everytime I use one.
Here's my set up from this morning using an E type with the textured finish and Palmolive soap.

proxy.php

Congrats on a great first shave with your Schick Injector. Injectors are vastly under-rated on this board. They are wonderful, easy to use razors!

I agree, do not see why using one would be "cheating", as some say here. An oc or a Feather ASR shaves just as easy, never heard some one calling that "cheating". These are good tools, they work like they should.

I agree, do not see why using one would be "cheating", as some say here. An oc or a Feather ASR shaves just as easy, never heard some one calling that "cheating". These are good tools, they work like they should.

I am the person who usually says "using a Schick Injector feels like cheating, as they are so easy to use, give a close, comfortable shave with little effort, and require fewer passes to get the same level of closeness".

I don't say that as a negative upon the Injector, as I love my two Injectors, and use them frequently.

There is a little bit of negativity sent the Injectors way as well, in that it looks, and perhaps shaves a bit like a cartridge razor (but that is more of the cartridge razor copying a proven design, as the Injector predates that cartridge razor by 30+ years).

I have a few Schicks in my collection but so far none with a textured finish. I'd love to find a textured E like yours.

The G and E models give me the perfect shave pretty much everytime I use one.
Here's my set up from this morning using an E type with the textured finish and Palmolive soap.

proxy.php

I love my Shick injector so much I just purchased 200 blades from Electron Microsopy. I intend to go antique shop hunting for a DE just cause I want another one.
One day I will find my dream razor, the Shick Adjustable, new in a package. I would take a good clean used one though. I had one of these and they are quite simply the best injector in my opinion.

I love my Shick injector so much I just purchased 200 blades from Electron Microsopy. I intend to go antique shop hunting for a DE just cause I want another one.
One day I will find my dream razor, the Shick Adjustable, new in a package. I would take a good clean used one though. I had one of these and they are quite simply the best injector in my opinion.

I topped off my own injector blade hoard with an order of 200 blades from EMS. At less than $0.25 per blade shipped it was a good deal, but it took two months to get it. They kept delaying it because they'd had a run on injector blades and it was taking a long time for the delivery to reach them.

I recently became a serious collector of injectors. They are so simple to use and forgiving.

I have a PAL Adjustable, waiting on a PAL Injectomatic, a couple of G's, waiting on a E type. I also have an open comb type C1 repeating, an L1, an I and the L2 Schick Stick.

I'm very fortunate that my local grocery store carries Schick injector blades.

Top Bottom