What's new

Badger Brushes from China, ebay

I have two badger brushes I bought from Sapphire-Skyblue on ebay. The silvertip badger was 20 bucks with shipping the pure badger was 11 bucks with shipping both are excellent quality brushes, appears they are seconds made for well known brands, I am not sure of this but they are of such good quality this must be the case. Bottom line for $31.00 USC I now have two very good quality shaving brushes. Got them from China in about two weeks and they were well packaged and shipped with tracking number. A great value that I wanted to share.

Any pics? A lot of the guys here have Frank Shaving, Ace Shaving and Linjun shave brushes. Most of us have had excellent results with Chineese brushes. Down side is FS Seems to be putting his prices way up.

I have both Frank Shaving and LinJun.
Both are serving me well. I kind of like the Frank Shaving quality a little better, because its a smaller size and helps me get a good lather in the large shaving mug I have.

I have an FS 24mm in Best, an ACE 24mm in Silvertip, and a Lijun 24mm in a much denser and fuller Silvertip. They are all great. I appreciate the FS Best more and more as it continues to get softer with use. The Lujin blooms nearly as bit as my WD 30mm, and I consider them both to be Beasts.

That said about enjoying the FS, Ace, and Lijun, I enjoy my two WD brushes more. Absolutely the best bang for the buck.

I, too, ordered a "set" of shaving brushes for a very reasonable price from a vendor China who purportedly is an OEM for other retailers. I am very pleased with all the brushes. The vendor now lists my brushes individually on Aliexpress.

All brushes have a 22mm knot, ~54mm loft and a Kent-esque handle.

Pre-Bloom:
From Left to Right: (Descriptions As Given By Vendor)
Top Row: 1. High Mountain Badger, 2. Super Silvertip, 3. Silvetip
Bottom Row: 4. Best Badger, 5. Black Pure, 6. Gray Pure, 7. Synthetic, 8. Boar and 9. Horse
$brush set.jpg

Post-Bloom: (the Synthetic and Horse brushes are switched from the prior photo)
$Post Bloom Brushed.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to be selling these myself; I think the manufacturer I'm working with is Parker's OEM. Sample's in the mail, so we shall see.

I've been loving some of those FS badger brushes from china for a while now. Been getting them from $15.00 to $25.00 depending on brush quality. FANTASTIC!

I, too, ordered a "set" of shaving brushes for a very reasonable price from a vendor China who purportedly is an OEM for other retailers. I am very pleased with all the brushes. The vendor now lists my brushes individually on Aliexpress.

BTW... Is the "high mountain" badger all it's said to be? Just curious of your take on this knot.

Pre-Bloom:
From Left to Right: (Descriptions As Given By Vendor)
Top Row: 1. High Mountain Badger, 2. Super Silvertip, 3. Silvetip
Bottom Row: 4. Best Badger, 5. Black Pure, 6. Gray Pure, 7. Synthetic, 8. Boar and 9. Horse
View attachment 353876

Post-Bloom: (the Synthetic and Horse brushes are switched from the prior photo)
View attachment 353877

Does the high mountain white have good backbone? I face lather and floppy brushes do not work for me.

I have both Frank Shaving and LinJun brushes
With FS lately i had some problems
No hasn't got to do with shading but with lather absorb.

I, too, ordered a "set" of shaving brushes for a very reasonable price from a vendor China who purportedly is an OEM for other retailers. I am very pleased with all the brushes.

Those brushes are very pretty !

:001_tt1:

I just received my silvertip from china. Not bad!!. For $30, I think this brush will be a great investment. I think the discount price was due to some imperfection mark on the handle. Can't even see it. Thanks akitaluck for this thread!

Top Bottom