What's new

Bacon?

I asked this same question when they first gave us that option. I didn't get much as far as an answer except that bacon is really good. If you use the bacon emoji then you really like something or think it is the best. That, at least, is what I've come to think of it as saying. I'm a lot older than all these youngsters so I might be misinterpreting.

lasta

Blade Biter
Hey @Goblin, you've asked the question that I suspect many of us wanted to ask but maybe felt too stupid to ask...at least I did!

I came to the conclusion that bacon is "hot" and "sizzles", so if a post was a hot take I would use the bacon emoji.

Of course, there is always @lasta who uses the troll emoji to give out hugs. I found it a bit discombobulating the first time he used it on one of my posts but just rolled with it until I saw his explanation weeks later.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for someone to add the ARKO! Man emoji while there are a few days left to use it appropriately!
Yes it can be a bit divisive. Some people might take slight to having a troll attached to there posts, but bacon makes everything alright!

proxy.php

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I feel like this is the only semi-appropriate place for dumb, boomer questions about internet stuff. So, I will come straight out with it:

What the hell does the Bacon emoji that I see on posts actually mean?

Emojipedia is no help on this:

"Strips of crispy, fatty, reddish-brown bacon, as fried for breakfast. Depicted as a pair on most platforms."

So in other words, bacon means bacon.

Seriously, help a boomer older Gen-Xer out!
Bacon is the most delicious, flawless item on the face of the earth. There is nothing that cannot be made better by the addition of bacon. As the isolated, single example of true perfection in the existence of mankind, the bacon emoji symbolizes what you believe to be a perfect or near perfect post.

An alternative meaning for the bacon emoji is:
I have bacon.
I had bacon.
I want bacon.
I love bacon.
I'm thinking of bacon.
Do you have any bacon?

lasta

Blade Biter
Bacon is the most delicious, flawless item on the face of the earth. There is nothing that cannot be made better by the addition of bacon. As the isolated, single example of true perfection in the existence of mankind, the bacon emoji symbolizes what you believe to be a perfect or near perfect post.

An alternative meaning for the bacon emoji is:
I have bacon.
I had bacon.
I want bacon.
I love bacon.
I'm thinking of bacon.
Do you have any bacon?
I like to put Spam in my bacon baps. Doesn't cheapen the taste, enhances it really!

Bacon is sweet, salty, and savory. It goes with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. It makes everything better.

And it's skin food.

I'm thinkin' about starting the What's Shakin', Bacon? Soap Company. Our goal: bacon in every bowl.

If Stirling Sheep ain't buttery enough, have we got the soap for you: bacon up, Buttercup, mutton ain't nuthin'.

Be sure to try our new Oh My Lard soap base.

It ain't easy being greasy.

Top Bottom