What's new

Bacon?

I feel like this is the only semi-appropriate place for dumb, boomer questions about internet stuff. So, I will come straight out with it:

What the hell does the Bacon emoji that I see on posts actually mean?

Emojipedia is no help on this:

"Strips of crispy, fatty, reddish-brown bacon, as fried for breakfast. Depicted as a pair on most platforms."

So in other words, bacon means bacon.

Seriously, help a boomer older Gen-Xer out!

I feel like this is the only semi-appropriate place for dumb, boomer questions about internet stuff. So, I will come straight out with it:

"Strips of crispy, fatty, reddish-brown bacon, as fried for breakfast. Depicted as a pair on most platforms."

I use it to indicate that the post is sharp, witty, provocative (in a good way)

It is a sign of high approval!

IMG_3271.jpeg

Okay. Thank you guys for clarifying.

I guess the Americans might not know, but in the UK we have a relatively new slang term for an old, angry, hyper-right-wing male which is a "Gammon" (because they get angry and turn pink like a ham). I honestly wondered if the Bacon emoji was related to that, the equivalent of saying "OK, Boomer" to someone.

So bacon means bacon. Gammons are spam and I am a troll (not a Goblin).

It all gets clearer by the minute!

The main thing is that I know if I see bacon, it doesn't mean I said something inappropriate (or if I did, it was okay). :biggrin1:

Upon looking up the meaning these were found.....

It can mean lets have breakfast

It can also mean you are telling your family you are gonna make breakfast today...

Those are the "official" meanings... I honestly have no idea the meaning in the forums context....

Other than just.........

Bacon.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Is gammon a made up word? If not, what does it mean besides terrible white men?

Go into your butcher and ask for a gammon - it's basically a boned out leg of pig, like a ham but trimmed slightly differently.

You can make a pastry and completely wrap the gammon then bake it in the oven. When it's done, bash off the rock hard pastry with a hammer and the meat underneath is still really moist and succulent because all the moisture was kept in as it baked!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

I’ve wondered about that as well. Thanks for asking!

Hey @Goblin, you've asked the question that I suspect many of us wanted to ask but maybe felt too stupid to ask...at least I did!

I came to the conclusion that bacon is "hot" and "sizzles", so if a post was a hot take I would use the bacon emoji.

Of course, there is always @lasta who uses the troll emoji to give out hugs. I found it a bit discombobulating the first time he used it on one of my posts but just rolled with it until I saw his explanation weeks later.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for someone to add the ARKO! Man emoji while there are a few days left to use it appropriately!

Last edited:
Top Bottom