What's new

Bacon?

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Bacon is the most delicious, flawless item on the face of the earth. There is nothing that cannot be made better by the addition of bacon. As the isolated, single example of true perfection in the existence of mankind, the bacon emoji symbolizes what you believe to be a perfect or near perfect post.

An alternative meaning for the bacon emoji is:
I have bacon.
I had bacon.
I want bacon.
I love bacon.
I'm thinking of bacon.
Do you have any bacon?
Now if you just remove the word bacon and replace it with ARKO!, something special happens. I feel its just a matter of time before we see the arrival of the ARKO! man emoji. Things might get out of hand, in a good way. Perhaps a trial run? As mentioned, ARKO! August has 9 more days.

I must say I’ve felt rather insulted a few times when @Alum Ladd ’baconed’ my posts, but lately I came to realise it was meant as a high compliment.
Indeed! I have always greatly valued the quality of your posts.

I have difficulties with a couple of the emojis (?)

The 'cheers' one I have begun to feel is kind of patronising, as if you are patting a slightly dim-witted child on the head. Just me maybe, so I tend to use it only for directly booze-related posts now.

I like the Al Bacio one. Rather like bacon lite. If a post has a powerful but nuanced emotional resonance with me, it is highly communicative. Love is a powerful one, and I use it maybe too liberally. However there are a damn lot of lovable posts out there.

I enjoy troll, although it is a powerful weapon and I rarely if ever use it. I find it useful in responding to the notorious @lasta 's posts on occasion however :letterk1: It does help if the poster has some humourous empathy with you.

I have never used the angry emotion.

Last edited:

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Some interesting perceptions regarding the like emojis here.

I use a cheers emoji as a general appreciation of a post ie fell out of a G.R.U.M.E. but still posting in the thread or a general agreement with the sentiment of one's post. I would never presume to pat @Alum Ladd on the head.

The lovely troll is reserved for what I hope is a genuine recognition and understanding that someone is mocking, in a good spirited manner the subject at hand. Although occasionally it is used to try to convey that the post is just taking a dig to take a dig and serves no use other than that.

At the end of the post take your reactions with a grain of salt. Text is frequently going to be read into or misinterpreted. Apparently we all have a different meaning attached to some emojis. And, finally, if you're dropping anything other than a bacon emoji in this thread your doing it wrong. YMMV.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I cut up a big slab of belly bacon the other day. Mmmmmm. Nom nom nom.

20230815_080420.jpg

lasta

Blade Biter
Indeed! I have always greatly valued the quality of your posts.

I have difficulties with a couple of the emojis (?)

The 'cheers' one I have begun to feel is kind of patronising, as if you are patting a slightly dim-witted child on the head. Just me maybe, so I tend to use it only for directly booze-related posts now.

I like the Al Bacio one. Rather like bacon lite. If a post has a powerful but nuanced emotional resonance with me, it is highly communicative. Love is a powerful one, and I use it maybe too liberally. However there are a damn lot of lovable posts out there.

I enjoy troll, although it is a powerful weapon and I rarely if ever use it. I find it useful in responding to the notorious @lasta 's posts on occasion however :letterk1: It does help if the poster has some humourous empathy with you.

I have never used the angry emotion.

Hmm, interesting interpretations.

For me:

Cheers: I agree, good on you.

Bacon: Enabler R Us default response, or to congratulate/encourage someone on gear acquisitions.

Troll: Hug

Spam: Bacon lite

Top Bottom