What's new

B.O.S.S. Brotherhood of Slant Shavers

Had a 37C but sold to a friend. Now back in the Slant fraternity with RazoRock Stealth Slant. Very lucky to get one; smooth shave and very nicely crafted.

$merkur37c.jpg

To whom it may concern:

Please consider this my application for membership in your esteemed Brotherhood. The 34C was my first DE, but it hasn't touched my face since I got my hands on a 37C in January. Can't imagine life without it now!

Almost passed on this Slant, but glad I didn't. Just got it and cleaned it up, it was pretty dirty, and was really surprised by the maker. Tuckmar, info thru Google, seems to be a straight razor maker. Could only find one other safety razor made by them and no instances of a slant razor. It turned out the head was in really great shape and the handle came back decent, Thank God for MAAS..Haven't shaved with it yet but I'll report back, it's on the on-deck circle...so here's the Tuckmar Slant Safety Razor!!!
$tuckmar 003.JPG$tuckmar 005.JPG$tuckmar 001.JPG

Nice looking Slant, cleaned up beautifully, ws. I'm wondering with the accentuated slant angle if it is on the higher efficiency end of the spectrum?

Here's a before pic of the Tuckmar slant... I don't know yet davidsilva but I'm excited to try it out, I'll post my review of it in a few days>>
$$_57.JPG

I had my first shave with a slant today. A Merkur razor and a Personna Med Prep blade. Very nice, precise feel to the action of the razor. No irritation and the Noxema prep followed by Proraso shave soap made for a cool eucalyptus and menthol experience. Very nice. I think I could become very fond of slant razors.

My new razor....!!!!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 153
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 156
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 154
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 156
Herby I would like to apply for this Brotherhood

I have just sold ALL my other razors (including a Hoffrtiz Travel Slant and a Merkur 37c) and have at the moment only 1 razor at home
$RRSlantRazor2S.JPG

Almost passed on this Slant, but glad I didn't. Just got it and cleaned it up, it was pretty dirty, and was really surprised by the maker. Tuckmar, info thru Google, seems to be a straight razor maker. Could only find one other safety razor made by them and no instances of a slant razor. It turned out the head was in really great shape and the handle came back decent, Thank God for MAAS..Haven't shaved with it yet but I'll report back, it's on the on-deck circle...so here's the Tuckmar Slant Safety Razor!!!
View attachment 442074View attachment 442075View attachment 442076

Scott....nice Solingen head slant. Can't have too many.

I had my first shave with a slant today. A Merkur razor and a Personna Med Prep blade. Very nice, precise feel to the action of the razor. No irritation and the Noxema prep followed by Proraso shave soap made for a cool eucalyptus and menthol experience. Very nice. I think I could become very fond of slant razors.

Sounds like you already are.

Sounds like you already are.

Since I last posted in this thread (about ten days ago), the Merkur slant has become my most often used razor. In other news, I let my wife use it today, to shave her legs. She liked the razor quite a bit. Maybe there should be a Sisterhood of Slant Shavers too.

First shave today with my new 37C... fantastic results. I hope this isn't the start of another AD for me! :lol:

Hi,

Probably. After a while using that 37c, you will get to wondering about the Solingen differential heads. Then, the Double Slant after that. And, so on..... ;)

Stan

Top Bottom