What's new

B.O.S.S. Brotherhood of Slant Shavers

ATT X1 SE

IMG_1884.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, February 6th 2024

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE slant head with a Yaqi brass nickel coated handle- Mfg 2023> mild to tame mid range depending on blade used. This is a well built razor head of 316 stainless steel. I enjoy using it and when using the Kai SS extra wide blade it performs very well if a person likes a little blade feel. Regular Gillette blade gives a nice shave more on the milder side IMO. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Kai SS (7) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Great blade for improving mild razors that need some blade feel IMO.
Soap : TOBS Herbal Sandalwood, very nice fragrance with 7-8/10 scent strength + excellent lather qualities. A must for shaving with a brush IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka Express" 26 mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very rare brush Yaqi must of was testing the market last year. Lucky me!
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum Sandalwood + a dollop of Geo F Trumper Sandalwood skin food(Sandalwood +nice mild plum scent to me or apricot???).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Slope razor with a Kai SS extra wide blade. ( It does not get any better shaving for myself, cotton ball tested also.)
SOTD Febuaruy 6 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, February 10th 2024

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant 316 SSP + a modified Micromatic handle - Mfg 2017>, mid to upper mid range depends on technique. Excellent machining and finish QC + 316SS marine grade stainless. Through trail and error I have mastered this razor and the best way to shave with the Wunderbar because of its high curvature head shape is to use a Steep approach(riding the bar) with a short handle(less weight and excellent maneuverability) and light touch works the best for myself. The results are excellent + a 2 pass shave with clean up pass is all that I use for my medium stubble beard. Had a close and comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp(1) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine lavender scented soap with excellent lather qualities. 3rd tub almost gone.
Brush : Yaqi "Robin" 24mm boar bristle brush, Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristles, nice firm splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my RR Wunderbar with a fresh Perma-sharp.
SOTD Febuaruy 10 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Saturday, February 17th 2024.

Razor :Yaqi top aggressive slant, torsional type(AKA=YTAS). Mfg 2019>, upper mid to aggressive range. Interesting design of a slant razor. Lots of blade feel and a joy to use once mastered. I tend to use a steep approach (riding the bar) with a short handle for less leverage and more response for corrective angles more quicker(chin area) . I do not plunk this razor at the start of a stroke because it's going to bite almost guaranteed, the results are stellar and whiskers do not stand a chance. It is not a Newbie razor and should only be used by experienced folks with a mature hand technique IMO. I do enjoy using this slant with blade shim underneath the primary blade to reduce any chatter + audio feedback is great to listen to while shaving. Had a stellar comfortable close shave this morning with no issues.
Blade : Gillette Permasharp(1) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier, This soap has interesting scent(Aramis original cologne) and is kind of addicting for scent lovers + excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations S.A to bring forward their line of soaps and fragrances.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka Express" 26 mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter. This is a rare brush Yaqi sold a small # basis testing various handle combinations to knots and sold as a defect (lucky me). Large handle with excellent knot IMO.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer rapier + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.2 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi slant with a fresh Permasharp blade. It does not get much better a shave for closeness for myself.
SOTD Febuaruy 17 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom