What's new

B.O.S.S. Brotherhood of Slant Shavers

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, April 13th 2024

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant with a modified Gem Micromatic handle. Mfg 2017> mid to upper mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC . I like to use a short handle with more aggressive razors for less leverage, weight and more nimble on the chin area. Light touch works well with the RR Wunderbar slant. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Astra (4) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Standard blade for testing new razors in the past.
Soap : Razorock M.F, nice scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Atlantis"24mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock M.F splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 small chin weeper=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my RR Wunderbar slant with a Gillette Astra SP blade.
SOTD April 13 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Tuesday, April 16 2024

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE slant 316SS with a Yaqi brass nickel coated handle. Mfg 2023>, tame mid range. This razor works well when dialed in and even better with a fresh blade. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette 7oClock SP(1) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice unique scent that is addictive with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Tuxedo knot. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Short handle for folks who like that.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi SLOPE slant with a Gillette 7oClock SP blade.
SOTD April 16 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Thursday, April 25th 2024

Razor : Yaqi "Top aggressive slant"- Mfg 2019>, upper mid to aggressive range or lots of blade feel. I always like to use this razor to test my hand technique, I like to use a steep angle(riding the bar) with a short handle seems to work the best with this slant.
I also try not to plunk it down at the start of a stroke(it will bite if careless), the razor is not perfect but it's a excellent razor once it is mastered. Fresh blade with a shim underneath and it will sing & deliver some stellar excellent shaving. Had a close shave this morning with no issues.
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp (3) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap :TOBS Sandalwood cream, rich herbal sandalwood scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Coat tails" 24 mm synthetic, Excellent lather generator, pillow cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. For a Synthetic it feels close to a 2band badger IMO.
Post shave : Proraso red sandalwood with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi TGA slant razor with a Gillette Perma-sharp blade.
SOTD April 25 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom