What's new

B&B's I Cycle, You Cycle, Let's Exchange Stories (aka B.I.C.Y.C.L.E.S.)

Snuck in a mt. bike ride between rains storms, staying pretty close to the trailhead just in case. :clap:
Image-1 (4).jpg

Image-1 (4).jpg

Today's somewhat casual mt. bike ride was on greenbelt trails entirely within the city limits. The city's cooperation, and effort is pretty amazing! :thumbsup:

Did my first club MTB night ride Wednesday after missing every one last winter. So much fun! I regret every night ride I missed, dreading the rush hour drive to the park, which can take nearly an hour in season. Only took 35 mins to get home just after 8 pm. New drop at the park is perfect and very fun. Couldn't hang with the A group, but giving a gallon of blood in 7 weeks will do that to ya!

I hit my annual mileage goal this prior week. I've cycled 6500 miles in 350 hours. The vast majority of it was on the road and digitally through zwift and trainer road.

I was lucky to avoid any major incidences or sickness over the course of this year, here is to hoping the same for next year.

Got out to the mountain bike park before 8 am to beat the rain from an approaching Gulf front. Toward the end, I came around a corner to the customary greeting of a fairly healthy cottonmouth. I encouraged him to move off the trail to save his skin, though he probably can defend himself. The skies opened later as our wet El Niño winter continues.

Attachments

• IMG_9156.jpeg
    IMG_9156.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9157.jpeg
    IMG_9157.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9153.jpeg
    IMG_9153.jpeg
    990.6 KB · Views: 3
I needed a reason to up my mileage and signed up for a metric century ride. Wound up with the coldest day of the winter and likely until next January! Wind chill 35?! Became a solo effort around mile 15 when riders succumbed to the NNE wind. By far the biggest effort since breaking my ankle late last summer. Happy to complete it!
IMG_9572.jpeg

Top Bottom