What's new

Axes & Amps

Someday I'll put together a group shot or two, but until then here are a few of my axes and amps:

1999 Les Paul '59 Reissue:

proxy.php

2003 Les Paul '57 Reissue:

proxy.php

Gene Baker B1C:

proxy.php

1999 Martin D-28 Golden Era (cat not included):

proxy.php

1964 Fender Deluxe Reverb:

proxy.php

1965 Fender Pro Reverb:

proxy.php

1967 Fender Vibro Champ:

proxy.php

1968 Marshall JMP 50 model 1986:

proxy.php

Not sure where this fits in, but...
1958 Hammond B3:

proxy.php

My new uke! :biggrin:
proxy.php

proxy.php

I love Koa. I once had a Gibson J-200 Koa, which I adored. I traded it for a Martin D-28H, which I also no longer own. That J-200 had a uniquely warm quality to it. I always liked to think of it as a big giant uke (not really, but I had to tie it in somehow). :wink1:

Go Hawaiian!!

All right. Time to inject a little life into this thread.

This is my PRS Hollowbody II. "10" top and back.

No hysteria please.

Man all those beautiful les pauls :drool: Really make me want to grab my warlock and start trying to learn so I get good enough to be worthy of owning one. picking up the guitar as a 24 year old with partial nerve damage in my left hand is going to be a challenge though :frown:

Man all those beautiful les pauls :drool: Really make me want to grab my warlock and start trying to learn so I get good enough to be worthy of owning one. picking up the guitar as a 24 year old with partial nerve damage in my left hand is going to be a challenge though :frown:

I picked up guitar at 22 with a pretty well trashed left arm from a farm equipment accident. I play lefty because of it. Give it a try, you might surprise yourself.

I don't have any pics right now, but here's what I have:

1973 Gibson SG Special: Originally red but has faded to a nice brown where it has been exposed to light. It is still red under the small pick guard. Mini-humbuckers. I need to get a frett job done asap!

19?? Fender '52 Reissue: Butterscotch. Third owner. Original owner tried to make it look "old" so he abused the %&*! out of the top and corners with a screwdriver or something and put a birdseye maple neck with no truss rod and Danny Gatton blade pickups. Second owner (a friend of mine) painted some psycedelic crap on the top and sprayed it with clearcoat, but only taped off about half the width so there was some overspray on the back half of the sides. I gently removed the crappy painting and put a maple Fender '52 replacement neck on it. I haven't swaped out hte pickups yet, but if I keep it I will. I never liked the sound of the Gatton pickups.

Fender Blues Jr amp. This thing packs a lot of power in a small package. I played an outdoor show with it. The other guitarist had a '65 Fender head of some kind and two speaker cabinets. His volume was somewhere around 3 or 4. Mine was on 6 and just a full and loud as his.

Well I have been out, just dealing with life, playing music and work..

1985 Fender Stratocaster *MIJ* 62 reissue I have owned this since 96!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

2006 Gibson Les Paul Studio *bought this Jan 31, 2009*

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

2005 ESP/LTD MHB400 Baritone *2 weeks after the Gibson I picked this up*

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

1992 Jackson Professional Rhoads Pro *in getting EMG 81s installed and re-setup* Picked this guy up May 23, 2009

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

2005 Martin D16 GT *need to upload the other pics* Picked this up after 3 weeks after the ESP and my JCM 900 2100...*

proxy.php

1990 Marshall JCM 900 MK3 2100 Master Volume *Traded a 71 Marshall Major that needed a ton of work for this guy which was re-tubed and plays great*

proxy.php

Cheers,

Thank you Niel,
I am still trying to decide which pickups to put in it.. I am thinking either SD White Blackouts or EMG Actives.. Just not sure yet!

Cheers,

Fender Fat 50's or, if you can get them, the Eric Johnson custom shop pickups are also good choices. I tried the David Gilmour EMG set up in one of my strats, but didn't love it. Of course, that doesn't mean they aren't right for you -- they just weren't right for me.

Enjoy!

Charlie - Those MIJ Strats are very well regarded, and yours is great looking! I can't imagine how loud your Major was. They're fairly desirable because of their rarity, but so unruly that few people can actually use them. My 50-watt is ludicrously loud (to me anyway).

I don't think I have posted a photo of my primary acoustic guitar yet, so here is my Martin D41. This is by far and in every way the best acoustic guitar I have ever had the pleasure to play. Sorry that I couldn't get a better picture of the inlaid center stripe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom