What's new

Axe . . . Vetyver?? Say It Ain't So!

Seen with my own two eyes and now available . . . Axe Proximity Body Spray in Vetyver scent. :scared:

"Proximity is the new all-over deodorant bodyspray from Axe made with subtle fragrances. Discover the seductive power of understatement."​
Axe + Vetyver + understatement -- can the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse be far behind? And will they be wearing Vetyver?

Rick

It is funny this comes up. My soon to be 15 year old daughter HATES axe(small a intentional)with a passion. She is used to my old school stuff and tells me the halls of the high school reek of axe to the point it nauseates her. Educating them one at a time.

Regards, Todd

i started with AXE, i stopped using it when i noticed that 3-4 hours after application, i smelled slightly better then a wet dog,

Lynx [british AXE?] body sprays give me a headache and the scents make me feel nauseus most of the time so I avoid them at all costs. surely guerlain vetiver is a better choice for these kids!

Axe is cheap, nasty stuff. Most garden variety body washes smell better. I use neither, BTW.

If it weren't for the hotties in the commercials, they'd never sell an ounce.

It is funny this comes up. My soon to be 15 year old daughter HATES axe(small a intentional)with a passion. She is used to my old school stuff and tells me the halls of the high school reek of axe to the point it nauseates her. Educating them one at a time.

Regards, Todd

+1. I teach 7th and 8th grade students, and good lord. They love that stuff. It is disgusting.. They always are trying to get me to "try it," I always respond.. sorry I am NOT into smelling like a little boy.

a word of wisdom..
Axe is for little boys...

Vetyver is for men..

Dont get it twisted!!:cool::cool:

I equate that stuff to a scene from the movie "Monster's Inc" where Mike asks Sully if he has any Odorant and gets offered Low Tide, Wet Dog, or Smelly Garbage.

I equate that stuff to a scene from the movie "Monster's Inc" where Mike asks Sully if he has any Odorant and gets offered Low Tide, Wet Dog, or Smelly Garbage.

Great comparison. I like the Old Spice body spray, original scent of course, but the others still smell good.

Maybe it is time to start a grassroots effort to remind the teenage Axe demographic that SHOWERS ARE A GOOD THING, and maybe they will reduce their dependance on this crud.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Maybe it is time to start a grassroots effort to remind the teenage Axe demographic that SHOWERS ARE A GOOD THING, and maybe they will reduce their dependance on this crud.

grassroots ... vetyver ... :rolleyes:

Ya, the new Axe commercial show that guy spraying Axe to freshen himself up instead of taking a shower. They say it "kills bacteria." What a load. Take a damn shower you filthy rat :lol:

I might be out of the loop here, but are people actually using this stuff instead of showering? You would think they would at least douse themselves in something that, you know, smells good.

Unfortunately it's true. Plenty of kids are now forgoing showers with water for showers with Axe. Also, laundry machines are outdated didn't you know? Just Febreeze it!
:lol:

Axe Kilo served me well when I was a single man. Now, my wife likes it. There's a good chance I was wearing it on my first date with her.

I've never had anybody react badly when I wear it. People ask what it is. Then they are shocked that something with marketing like Axe's can actually be a quality product.

Top Bottom