What's new

Axe . . . Vetyver?? Say It Ain't So!

Axe Kilo served me well when I was a single man. Now, my wife likes it. There's a good chance I was wearing it on my first date with her.

I've never had anybody react badly when I wear it. People ask what it is. Then they are shocked that something with marketing like Axe's can actually be a quality product.

+1

My high school locker room REEKED of Axe far more than it did of sweat or urine, to the point that I could barely breath at times.

One of these days a marketer will get smart and design a series of fragrances for young men that:

1) are reasonably priced, though perhaps more than Axe- price point should be somewhere in between Axe and cologne
2) actually smell good
3) use sophistication instead of sex in their marketing (not smelling like your Dad, smelling like the cool college brother of your friend!)
4) prevent the user from applying so much that the whole town can smell them
5) [optional] have the convenient (and unstated- the kids will figure this out and spread the word) benefit of covering up the smell of alcohol and cannabis without making kids smell like potheads (maybe a Patchouli fragrance?)

Axe just proves that young men will buy almost anything as long as they have sexy commercials and use bright, colorful packaging. I hate the fact that the commercials show the guys applying it and then women flocking to them...when in reality every woman I've ever spoken to about it absolutely can't stand any of the Axe scents.

Axe just proves that young men will buy almost anything as long as they have sexy commercials and use bright, colorful packaging. I hate the fact that the commercials show the guys applying it and then women flocking to them...when in reality every woman I've ever spoken to about it absolutely can't stand any of the Axe scents.

Even though my nose is appalled, I can't help but laugh at the junior sheeple in training that have to buy the "it" thing that will help them get the girl. There is nothing quite like the big marketing machine going after the minds that have no clue who they are yet. Hell... I think i finally figured myself out a few days ago :lol:

Even though my nose is appalled, I can't help but laugh at the junior sheeple in training that have to buy the "it" thing that will help them get the girl. There is nothing quite like the big marketing machine going after the minds that have no clue who they are yet. Hell... I think i finally figured myself out a few days ago :lol:

Puuh-lease. What does "finding yourself" have to do with consumer products. That's a disgusting notion in itself. Do you honestly think its just the axe crowd that is being enveloped by the marketing machine? The b&b crowd is as well, just a different skew on the advertising. The difference is that we pay 120$ for our scents instead of 10. Who's sillier at the end of the day?The niche market of men's toiletries is nothing more than a market.

However, there is something to be said about people who spray on too much cologne, and for some reason axe users tend to be guilty more often than not.

Wow. Come on guys- it doesn't matter what the scent is, if you bathe in any cologne like way too many adults do you're going to stink- period. Axe, Old Spice, India Limes... whatever it is. The problem with young boys is not that they like Axe, it's that they have no concept of subtlety a concept many adults lack as well.

Axe itself smells odd to many of us because we're accustomed to the scents we are- trust me, no high schooler will think Lavender, coconut, or lime is a manly scent.

Personally, I've been using AXE for some time as an Oderant, and one of my coworkers only noticed my new cologne yesterday because I mentioned it and asked her opinion- it's all moderation, there's really no need to smell someone in the hall before they walk into your office/cube/etc.

The only Axe I really like is Axe UNLIMITED; good stuff :w00t:

proxy.php

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

You are confusing Axe commercials with beer commercials.

Oh wait ... :001_huh:

:lol:

Wow. Come on guys- it doesn't matter what the scent is, if you bathe in any cologne like way too many adults do you're going to stink- period. Axe, Old Spice, India Limes... whatever it is. The problem with young boys is not that they like Axe, it's that they have no concept of subtlety a concept many adults lack as well.

Axe itself smells odd to many of us because we're accustomed to the scents we are- trust me, no high schooler will think Lavender, coconut, or lime is a manly scent.

Personally, I've been using AXE for some time as an Oderant, and one of my coworkers only noticed my new cologne yesterday because I mentioned it and asked her opinion- it's all moderation, there's really no need to smell someone in the hall before they walk into your office/cube/etc.

+1. I don't think the problem is the smell of Axe in and of itself, but the massive dosage applied through ignorance by its users.

Bravo. Well Said.. :biggrin:

Ya, the new Axe commercial show that guy spraying Axe to freshen himself up instead of taking a shower. They say it "kills bacteria." What a load. Take a damn shower you filthy rat :lol:

Is this part of the "green trend," some misguided attempt to save the Earth's precious natural resources like water?

I agree, take a shower.

Lynx is just so ridiculously popular, always has been.

I was looking at the shaving stuff in a local supermarket the other day and a mum and her son, possibly early teens were looking at the deoderants.
The mum was smelling different ones trying to get her son to get something a bit cheper than the Lynx. All he could say was I want Lynx, everyone else uses Lynx.
"Why do you want to smell like everyone else?"

Which was a great retort, but completely wasted on him.
Eventually she said she would buy the Lynx but only if he paid the difference out of his pocket money! He did! I almost laughed out loud. :lol:

The new Lynx system is great, two cans of deoderant that you can spray together to make a third fragrance. Marketing genius, get everyone to buy two cans when one would do.

Unfortunately it's true. Plenty of kids are now forgoing showers with water for showers with Axe. Also, laundry machines are outdated didn't you know? Just Febreeze it!
:lol:

i thought my little brother was the only one who did that... i think its only a matter of time before Sears stops selling laundry machines and starts carrying only bulk containers of febreeze.

In my personal experience, I can't stand how axe smells, then again, the only person I know wears it can be smelled when he enters the building.

I prefer to smell like a man, not an cheaper american knock off of a cheap french house of ill repute.

My other coworkers were however amused by the comment on here that "axe smells like little boys" :w00t:

--
Jason

HAve you people actually smelled the Proximity line of Axe? VEtyver, Amber and Bergamot. I have to say this is the best thing Axe has created (except for a couple of funny commercials)

It's an aromatic grass widely used in perfumery. People use it for green scents and some times as an "almost woody" note.

Top Bottom