What's new

Australian Shave Creams - We are Blessed Down Under

In Adelaide the Palmolive is around $2.20, when I am running low on soaps and creams I always get a tube of this to tide me over. I have yet to try the Fauldings.
Interesting price variations between the States have become apparent here.
Regards,
Renato

C'mon guys, let's not be too harsh on Faulding/Shave - many of you may remember my attempt to stop the other shaving creams dissing it.

It can be found here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/167081-AWFUL-from-AUSTRALIA/page2 and I still think it's a perfectly acceptable shaving cream.
We're all just spoiled by TOBS and Proraso lathering up as soon as you look at them :)

I'm not knocking it.
It might not lather as easily as the often loved Arko Regular, but I'd take it over Arko Regular any day as I'd get a lot less nicks.
Though I can honestly say I've never had problem face lathering Faulding's Shave
Regards,
Renato

Last edited:
P.S. I'd rate both the two Natio products and the David Jones one ahead of the more expensive brushless Body Shop Macca Root shave cream (even though it too is a pretty good product).

Waitaminit - Body Shop Macca Root shave cream is "brushless"?

Waitaminit - Body Shop Macca Root shave cream is "brushless"?

Well, you can brush it a lot and get a millimeter thick layer. You can do the same with the other three brushless ones I mention too, but it's a bit of a waste of time, as you wind up with nearly as much of the cream in your brush as on your face.
Regards,
Renato

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I remember reading about it here. There are quite a few other Australian shave creams around, but I've just limited myself to what can be found by walking into shops around here.
Does Otoko lather or is it brushless?
Regards,
Renato
Otoko lathers yes. I find it more thirsty than a regular soap (I mean quite a lot). When you think that your lather is right, add a few more drops of water otherwise it won't glide.

It's supposed to be for sensitive skins. I got no idea if that's right or not.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/186626-Otoko-Organic-Shaving-Soap-Made-in-Australia

Guys...Jump on the Wahl traditional barbers shave cream
It comes in a tub and it's by far THE BEST that I've ever used.

You can get it from "The shave shop" and will set you back about $10
Made in Acacia Ridge up here in QLD and I simply can't fault this stuff, smells great and works a treat.

This is the stuff
http://supasaveshop.com.au/index.ph...ucts_id=2556&zenid=iep6pc9g7ftp0bi5ms5ojk53i0

I've seen it in Shaver's Shop next to the Oriental one I mentioned.
I guess we're even more blessed down here than what I thought. I'll test that one out too.
Cheers,
Renato

Otoko lathers yes. I find it more thirsty than a regular soap (I mean quite a lot). When you think that your lather is right, add a few more drops of water otherwise it won't glide.

It's supposed to be for sensitive skins. I got no idea if that's right or not.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/186626-Otoko-Organic-Shaving-Soap-Made-in-Australia

Exactly! It lathers but, it takes a bit of work and extra water. Once you get a lather, it's really slick and give a great shave but, it's different. It has a light pleasant, but not exactly floral scent.

Last edited:
I've just updated my Original Post to include Trishave 3 in 1 anti-rash shave creme, which I should have included since it's found in numerous supermarkets around the country. I bought it 5 months ago, but misplaced it until yesterday.
Regards,
Renato

Fauldings is one of the best smelling creams I have tried,but the worst for lather.I think it is better suited as a brushless rub-on cream.Australian Plmolive sticks are great,and I tried Windsor shave cream and aftershave this morning,however,mine came from the Czech Republic.If possible,can you post photos of the Comoy and Windsor pucks ? Haven't seen those before.

I've never had any problems lathering Fauldings. How are you using it? I just put the cream straight on a wet brush and then brush and lather it straight on my face.
I have a sample of the Trishave 3 in 1 anti-rash shave creme (with Tea Tree). I find it okay to shave with. But the smell :letterk1:

Last edited:
Looks interesting, thanks.
I think the strong scent in those stores would keep most men out of them - I tended to accelerate past them quickly when I used to work in Melbourne.
Regards,
Renato

Lol, glad to see I am not the only, I find it hard to keep my lunch down when I walk past their stores.

Looks interesting, thanks.
I think the strong scent in those stores would keep most men out of them - I tended to accelerate past them quickly when I used to work in Melbourne.
Regards,
Renato

Yeah the LUSH stores have got quite a potent scent, I'm not sure how the the people working there handle it. It's been a while since I've used Prince but I'm almost at the end of a tube of Faulding so next time in I'm in the city I might pick up a small tub of the Dirty Shaving Cream. One thing I will say about these is you should use the relatively quickly as I remember the last one I got smelling a bit stale by the time I got to the end of it (about a year). Maybe go for the small tub. I don't think they have a lot of chemical preservatives in them.

I've also just been reminded again of this store in Brisbane and want to check out some of their products. I've had their hand made bath soaps before and they quite nice and all natural to boot!

https://naturals.com.au/php/index_ajax.php?mgid=11

Lol, glad to see I am not the only, I find it hard to keep my lunch down when I walk past their stores.

I used to hang around with a woman who thought Lush was fabulous and was always going there and inhaling deeply. Frankly, it put me off their stores forever.
Cheers,
Renato

Yeah the LUSH stores have got quite a potent scent, I'm not sure how the the people working there handle it. It's been a while since I've used Prince but I'm almost at the end of a tube of Faulding so next time in I'm in the city I might pick up a small tub of the Dirty Shaving Cream. One thing I will say about these is you should use the relatively quickly as I remember the last one I got smelling a bit stale by the time I got to the end of it (about a year). Maybe go for the small tub. I don't think they have a lot of chemical preservatives in them.

I've also just been reminded again of this store in Brisbane and want to check out some of their products. I've had their hand made bath soaps before and they quite nice and all natural to boot!

https://naturals.com.au/php/index_ajax.php?mgid=11

Hmmm - at the rate I'm currently going through my creams and soaps, it might be another 15 years before I get through a small tub of their cream.

It's surprising how many little manufacturers there are of shaving creams down here.
Cheers,
Renato

It's surprising how many little manufacturers there are of shaving creams down here.
Cheers,
Renato

It's not really surprising when you consider roughly half the population is Male and eventually most will shave plus a good percentage of women shave some part of their body too. It's a pretty big market.

Top Bottom