What's new

Austin: April 9, 2011 MEET UP!

Bump puh-dee bump, bump!

We'd love to have a bunch of folks show up!

Are any SWMBOs coming? I think Mrs. Spivey would have a hard time passing up some Cuban food....

So, in addition to me, we have Sullybob, texquill, ldphillips, Austin and cessnabird all in.

That sounds like a good group to me. The last time I was there, they had added an al a carte option. We could possibly eat "family style," if everyone brings cash. If any of you guys haven't had Cuban food, we should think about this option so that we can enjoy a sampling. Thoughts?

I'm a definite "maybe". Not sure I'm up for the drive from San Antonio. We'll see how it goes on Saturday morning.

I'm a definite "maybe". Not sure I'm up for the drive from San Antonio. We'll see how it goes on Saturday morning.

That's not THAT bad of a drive. It's less than a mile north of 71...you can do it!

My schedule looks open. Count me in Tim. Samplings are always good. Great idea.

That's great news, Andrew! Their Lechon Asado is excellent!

I'm still in. I've never tried Cuban food, so getting stuff to share and sample would work. Definitely looking forward to trying something new.

Lewis

As much as I'd like Texbilly to be able to make it, we have to stick with the 9th.

It's just around the corner! :thumbup:

:cursing:

You Gents have fun while I help manage 15 or so 2nd grade girls riding ponies and jumping on the (new) trampoline. Hey wait, how 'bout ya'll come to my place!! :001_rolle

Damn. Next time it is. :blush:

Unfortunately, the inflow of client source documents hasn't kept up with the outflow of time between "rat now" and April 18 (the income tax filing date). I'm having to break a long-standing rule about not working on weekends during tax season - Saturday the 9th is now a scheduled workday for this old beancounter.

Y'all enjoy your Moros con Christianos and your arroz con pollo, and drink a mojito or cuba libre for me!

You Gents have fun while I help manage 15 or so 2nd grade girls riding ponies and jumping on the (new) trampoline. Hey wait, how 'bout ya'll come to my place!! :001_rolle

"Managing" 15 2nd graders makes me think of the old EDS Superbowl commercial about herding cats!

Family style sounds good.

texquill beat me to it. You have fun herding cats. :lol:

Hey gents, as this is my first meet up, do I need to bring anything? Are we allowed shaving "gadgets" in the establishment? Anything else I need to know?
Jeremy-

Hey gents, as this is my first meet up, do I need to bring anything? Are we allowed shaving "gadgets" in the establishment? Anything else I need to know?
Jeremy-

Feel free to bring whatever you would like to. I'm not sure if I have anything to bring this time, except for my new coticule.

There's usually a bit of "show and tell" time. :tongue_sm

I'll be bringing some stuff for show and tell.

Feel free to bring whatever you would like to. I'm not sure if I have anything to bring this time, except for my new coticule.

There's usually a bit of "show and tell" time. :tongue_sm

What about your new razor?

Top Bottom