What's new

ATT change?

QUOTE=thamuil;8467420]So, it has been 2 weeks? :)[/QUOTE]

LOL, Talked with the machine shop this morning. A sample will placed in the mail for me tomorrow.

I am (not so) patiently waiting. :)

OK, here it goes. Current project is a fully machined aluminum ATT razor. Made in the USA of course and I believe it is the only one. The photo below shows the new "Atlas" aluminum handle in a 3.5" length. This is the same length as the Kronos. I used it this morning and it felt very nice. The razor will be machined from "aircraft grade" aluminum. Standard AL is 6061 however, in order to produce a more durable razor I decided to use 7075 AL (aircraft grade) for this project. The handle below was fully machined and tumbled for a nice drippy feel and a nice texture. It has not been anodized yet, so no color or sheen. I am also looking at producing this in a men and ladies version (different color and aggression levels for each). My goal is to have these available in about two months or less with the price at about half of the cost of our stainless line. The head is AL as well (Please disregard the paint). Here is a link to the "Shaving Evangelist" Chris Bailey who gave an review on two of my prototypes earlier. www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i9wl0-nnjo and www.youtube.com/watch?v=mup9j7N5jE0. Remember, this is still a work in progress.
Please feel free to share your thoughts.

Attachments

• $DSCN5633.jpg
    $DSCN5633.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 267
Hard to say much about the head from that picture, but the handle looks really good; both elegant and functional. Will those be available for sale separately? If so, I'd buy one.

Will they come in all the variety of base plates? I have been lusting for an ATT OC but couldn't get the money together to get one. So when can we expect an aluminum SE1? Not that I am rushing you, but the Alumigoose is out and the Hawk, General, and El Jefe are coming very soon. ;-)

I think its a good idea. If you haven't got enought money to buy the stainless steel model, you can try whith this one.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

Wow, I'm definitely interested in that. I like the grip I get with bigger handles, but not so much the weight, so I'd love to try an aluminum handle.

Like gvw755, I'm also curious about the topic of multiple base plates.

Good point. We will produce an initial run and then place them on our site so they will be deliverable right away. I need to see how much interest there is. If it all goes well the SE1 would be a part of the plan.

Will they come in all the variety of base plates? I have been lusting for an ATT OC but couldn't get the money together to get one. So when can we expect an aluminum SE1? Not that I am rushing you, but the Alumigoose is out and the Hawk, General, and El Jefe are coming very soon. ;-)

Good point. We will produce an initial run and then place them on our site so they will be deliverable right away. I need to see how much interest there is. If it all goes well the SE1 would be a part of the plan.

Stan, I appreciate you doing all these new and different things to get cheap people like me to own an ATT razor. I think this latest venture will succeed.

I'm personally not interested in aluminum razors but I suspect you'll sell a ton of these due to the lower price point. A very nice addition to the lineup.

I think an aluminum one would be great. Sometimes a light weight razor feels nice and nimble to use. I would be very interested in the SE1 version.

Top Bottom