What's new

ATT Blade Recommendations!

What a difference a blade makes, David! If you like GSBs, sometime you should try the Gillette Platinums that come in a package with the same blue/white layout as the GSBs.

Funny - blades are one of the most YMMV variables in shaving!

I'm on my 13th blade type (working through a huge sampler from try-a-blade.com), and Gillette 7 O'Clock yellows have been the best for me to date.

What a difference a blade makes, David! If you like GSBs, sometime you should try the Gillette Platinums that come in a package with the same blue/white layout as the GSBs.

Funny - blades are one of the most YMMV variables in shaving!

those are actually my favorite blades, but they're just so hard to find in quantity :(

I have to concur with most here. Have used Gillette 7 O'clock black, GSB, Derby, Astra SP, Gillette super Sharp (green), Personna blue label, Med Preps, Crystals, Voskhod, Personna Reds, and Feathers in my ATT M, R, and H plates. They all work well, some just a bit better than others. This wasn't the case with my Merkur 34C. Now whether it's due to the tight machining tolerances of the ATT, or possibly my technique has improved somewhat, I don't really know.

What I have come to realize is that if I afford the ATT the attention it deserves, taking my time and let the weight of the razor do the work, I can achieve a damn fine shave with any blade.

However, as is said around here frequently concerning blades - YMMV.

Top Bottom